This isn't playing, this is money. I sold INCY to invest more here and I am holding it. Would like to put it to work soon. Waiting for Dr. Kim to cross the goal line. Wasn't that his last catch phrase?
Believe anything you want, but I have watched small pharma companies struggle and watched success over the years and I say little guys in this business can't go it alone. I watch the folks that know how to pick winners in this space and so far I haven't seen enough of their participation to cause the pps to stabilize. Big pharma brings money, awareness, and most of all marketing with a solid sales force. They validate the science and the management. That is all Dr. Kim talks about and even if he says we can go it alone, I say we can't. It costs far too much money to go it alone and the street knows that. To go it alone would be nothing but issuing shares and reverse splits for years, then hiring a sales force which costs a fortune etc. etc. I was in Incyte at $11 and got out at $56, go and see how long that took. I got out too early and came here. I watched that company rent space at the DuPont Experimental Station for years and watched them grow into taking over a whole Department Store site and still expanding. The did it with Novartis and Lilly and a buyout is on the door steps in my opinion. When I say you gotta have big pharma, I know what I am talking about. Dr. Kim can say anything he wants and he has his followers who will anoint anything he says, I'm not one of you. I am here for the science for the suffering it will relieve or cure, and the money. Data brings financial success and P2 wasn't good enough for the big guys. Balls in his court and he has a lot of work cut out for him and partnerships make it a heck of a lot easier all the way around.
I've already done that and haven't heard anything yet. I asked about the year in general and the performance of the company not being reflected in the pps. I also mentioned the RS and the shelf and the lack of content in the Roche departure from 5150. I also mentioned that my group was disappointed in the fact that partnerships are key to INO and other small bio's and understood from Dr. Kim's presentations that we could expect additional partners by the end of this year and we in fact lost half of a great partnership. Our concerns at this time are with expenses going forward and the loss of the 5150 side, and the loss of momentum and interest in INO from last February. Perhaps I asked too much to expect a response as we covered a large area and I'm sure they are busy with other business.
My own opinion is that the P2 results have kept big pharma from closing any deal with Dr. Kim and that they are willing to wait for better numbers. I also asked for one of our investors weather or not we could expect to hear anything on the unblended studies we started mid year as we think that would not only put a floor under us, but would have the possibility to propel us back to our yearly high around $16. The way we are reading this right now is that all the market sees with us is expenses, and without data the pps will continue to drift lower. Perhaps if you could consolidate this to just a few sentences they will respond to you.
Good luck and keep us posted. Common sense here is severely lacking so I admire your posting this.
We can't go it alone. Financing is the big problem here. Runway to 2017 is bull and the street knows it. Partnerships are the life line of this company and all small bio's. That is why he wants retail gone and a firmer pps to show strength, dilution is a killer. Right now we are below the RS issue price and falling on the loss of a big partner. Doesn't make any difference we still have them for half because the loss is going to drive the pps down without additional help. Go it alone is fine for the .50ers as we can drop all the way back to $4 and it wouldn't hurt them. We have to attract big money and they are shorting the hekk out of this to accumulate shares. Take this down to $6 or so and you have a hard time getting partners who don't want to steal the company right out from under you. Cave in, more like take it for pennies on the dollar. If you notice P2 doesn't have them lined up at the door and could of been one of the reasons for the Roche departure on 5150. Spin this any way you like, this is not done going lower.
Nothing is wrong with expecting accountability for guidance when you miss by a mile. People invest on the words of the CEO and his guidance. Lot of mouth on that man and it is great when he is right, but you have to take the heat when things miss this badly. He still has a month, but I don't think any news is going to make up what this year has been.
nobody realizes just how big an impact the Roche dump is going to have on this and I also think Dr. Kim is learning on our money.
Sorry, I expected much more. I expected the company to execute as Dr. Kim laid it out or come close. Glad to see you adding next week as it will continue to trend that way without news that is almost non existent at this point. Out of conferences and partnerships take time to develop so there is little chance of a turn around anytime soon. Buy every week as it gets cheaper.
I think it is all about ego Dan. He wants to be an Amgen etc, he can taste it, he is trying every shortcut he can. I strongly feel he is much better in the lab than in handling the financial side of this business. As of today, I think he has made crucial errors in guiding the company through the series of financings we have experienced this year and I am hoping he gets smarter real fast.
Good news could come at any time is the catch phrase for many investors here but reality is that we probably have good news awaiting Peer Review. Waiting for the next pop could cost shareholders a ton. I do believe we had a pps of $4.25 back in March before the shelf, which would translate to $17 post RS. That was followed by the RS and the P2 results that failed to impress the investment community and we have drifted lower ever since. All tis followed by the exit of Roche on 50% of our partnership and the full results of this haven't been fully realized yet. Considering we now have a pps still stuck in the $2 range and falling with little support and only have 25% of the shares we started the year with, I would say the downside risks are substantial. I think Dman has a good handle on Dr. Kim and his performance this year and should be concerned.
As a side note, you don't see any more articles mentioning our INO as a buyout candidate like we did early this year. The momentum we lost with all the financial manipulations by the management team here has been extremely costly and we are all waiting for the DWARFING he stated was on tap for this year. Without some better evidence of dwarfing that is beneficial to the company and shareholders his guidance becomes a matter of credibility and we don't need that now. We need partners at $10 a share, not more of us at $2, and that is what we have.
No news on those trials by the end of December will take this pps a lot lower in my opinion. I see what happened with P2 results, which I thought were pretty fair, and we only stopped the skidding after Dr. Kim dropped a ton of cash on the open market. This Roche deal has set the slow skid in motion and where it stops is anybody's guess. We need #1 to reaffirm our validation and any data from any one of the trials would drive the pps back up. Nobody with money to invest here at $10 a share wants to hear they will be happy in five years.