This is bullish as it indicates GILD completed a V bottom today from $98.40 low support point and closed at a daily high. Also up ,24 after hours so that indicates current rally should continue. It's been a while since GILD closed at a daily high and many traders/investor look for this pattern before buying.
Once we break through $46.5 and $48.5 then clear path to $70 in Dec. and $100 in 2015
Actually if you are going to love a stock until eternity GILD would be a good choice at this point. Better then CELG and APPL in my opinion.
Sounds good to me. If we maintain same 22 PE (which is low for this growth rate in this sector) then we should have a 3 or 4 bagger next year.
Very similar as I remember buying APPL at about $400 and everyone was saying that they wouldn't be able to compete against Samsung/Android, unless they lowered their prices and that would kill there margins (sound familiar). Fear was more intense then here as Samsung/Android was much more of a threat to AAPL then ABBV ever will be to GILD as they already had over the world market majority. So this is a much better scenario as GILD had over a year head start and everyone knows Harvoni is better then ABBV's treatment. Also as far as running out of patients is a joke as there are over $3M alone in the US with Hep C and over $3M a of new cases of Hep C occurring worldwide each year.
Wish I waited until today to load up as my average price of very many shares is around $43.8 including my purchases today of $41.49 average. Will hold into Hep C approval as it is starting to strengthen. Seems it was an MM shakeout.
I am buying more of this dip. Did my own DD so hope we all are right. Looks like it is starting to make a nice reversal off the 3rd pivot of $40.5.
I'm surprised with this reaction as we beat earnings and next catalyst is the Hep C approval. Abviously something is wrong with this stock that I'm not aware of. Anyone else know why this is tanking?
I think part of the problem is confusion as to what exactly royalty payments are. I read on the agreement on their website that it was 10-20% and here you state 4-5%. Where did you get that percentage?
Regardless I was surprised it went down on Friday as ABBV was up over 3% on the Euro news.
You're an idiot for calling him an idiot. Look what Icahn did for Apple and Netflix!! Nothing wrong with discussing how he can help GILD stock as it's currently way undervalued. Icahn is good at making investor's realize this plus he has a huge following that buy what he buys.
I own GILD but am realizing ABBV/ENTA is holding it back. So instead of fighting it buy both using ENTA to make while waiting for GILD to rally again.
This should be up at least $2 today so be patient as it takes time for the mass of traders/investors to figure out that ENTA is ABBV's Hep C partner and will benefit much more materially from the approval then ABBV will.
ABBV is up 3%, this will run but because volume is low it is easy to hold down by MMs to scare people out of their shares. When it runs watch out as there is little float available so a $2-5$ pop can happen in minutes in a big buyer wants in.
No reason ABBV should be up so much while ENTA is down, opportunity to buy ENTA
ABBV up 1.53%, ENTA down .39% so buy while price is still down this morning
The news is the approval on Dec. 21, this is just a recommendation. This is being manipulated as volume is low. Will start to rise as news spreads.
Surprised that ENTA is not up on this news?
Ya has hannah said it's on the FDA calendar with Dec. 21 date.