Now two companies denying they are interested in buying FWLT - I say where there's smoke, there's fire - and of course they're not going to admit anything until somebody make the first offer in public, they're both trying to avoid a bidding war.
With ~ 98M fully diluted shares, yeah, up to $80/shr, but I don't think it's worth anything close to that. Besides, the PR says "up to $8B":
"The comments come after the London Times reported Tuesday evening that Amec has hired Goldman Sachs (GS) to advise it on a potential acquisition of Foster Wheeler worth up to 5 billion pounds, or $8.15 billion."
It was around $68/shr when they did the 2008 2:1 reverse split, has been floating around $30 ever since, while FLR has almost doubled since then. Hey, I'd be thrilled to get $80/shr, but doubt AMEC would be willing to pay a 250% premium, especially given the asbestos overhang. I think $50 range is more likely, maybe $60 tops, unless a bidding war breaks out. Will make up for me selling FLR at $45 in late 2009 and holding FWLT - should have done the reverse!
$15 was my private guess at a BO price too - assuming the pps doesn't run up into the PDUFA or "official" rumors start flying about online about a BO. Figure 50% min premium to the pps when PA gets approval.
Plachetka and all the other execs are near 60 yrs old, close to retirement - you really think they wouldn't like to retire early or move on to new jobs after all these years? Sanofi buys them out in 12-18 months, mark my words - the longer they wait, the more they'll have to pay - but private equity works for me too, don't care who buys them. And all of management's options will fully vest in the deal, making them very, very rich men - of course they'll say "Sure!".
My crystal ball is on the fritz, can't guesstimate a BO premium - too much depends on where the pps is after PDUFA, how well PA sells etc. But now that the plate is clear with Treximet and Vimovo sold off, there's nothing left but a shell company licensing PA to Sanofi - the sale of Vivomo just confirms my previous belief that POZN is headed for a BO, as I mentioned in the comments to a couple SA articles published the last two weeks. I am so convinced now that I put a big red warning note in my spreadsheets "DO NOT SELL POZN STOCK!!" - I had been planning to sell some after getting back to breakeven, but not now.
POZN will not exist as a company to simply distribute dividends to shareholders, makes no sense. We may get a special div after approval in Feb, but I expect Sanofi to buy the company is PA sells well - no reason for them to pay royalties when they could own the franchise entirely for peanuts (to them). No pipeline, zippy. POZN is setting itself up to be sold.
TDA has been dragging their feet on DRIP'ing my divs, but this takes the cake - Now 12 days past payable date, and still nothing in my account!?! Anyone with TDA get either the cash or new shares yet? They blamed the org. running the DRIP the last time I called to complain - somebody is making money off of withholding the payouts and it stinks!
Just poking my head in here a minute, had SRPT on a watchlist, but hadn't bought any - you folks have just been "AMRN'd" by the FDA - but IMO AMRN got screwed way, way worse, SPA was rescinded, unbelievably, because of the same reason SRPT got this bad news: FDA is apparently saying improving biomarkers for risk or disease isn't enough for NDAs, and it again used the failure of different drugs to say "your drug likely won't work either", despite different MOAs. The path they a currently on will destroy all innovative smallcap biotechs.