Today may just be a test to see how many quick flippers are willing to take penny(s) in short term profits. No problem on my part with that, it takes all types of traders / investors to make a market.. Volume IMO will be key.
Nope U R missing many things.
Couple of ezy questions, how much money does it take to get one drug thru FDA approval? Ezy question 2 how many drugs are lined up in the pipeline? 3 how much total? 4 Is 170 million enough?
In the long term is NVAX better off to go it alone............or take a low ball bid from partener?
Risk vs Reward. I am not a legal eagle however the way I read the prospectus is JP and Citi were obligated to buy all shares and support pps. They took risk and used their financial abilities to sell the offering to clients and other funds in large blocks. NVAX made out very well much cash in our pockets in just a few days. I don't think I have ever seen an offering as such go without a discount. That is part of the reward for NVAX doing business with them. End of story. Perhaps if others here had the cash and contacts they could have competed with JP and Citi and maybe got the same deal.
I would say the Large Institutional funds example FMR LLC. Like it, as it puts a newer higher support level on the trading platform.
We won't know until later who bought up many of those shares. I am confident we see new funds and perhaps present funds added. They are immediately very profitable. Made money shorting and then covering. Now holding a stock that is also immediately higher. You know they like it. That is alot of money to make in just a few days. Just goes to show it is not so much of what you know, but who you know and how much money you have. Can't wait to see who is new and who added.
In the prospectus of the recent offering. Shares distributed by underwritters to clients are locked-up from sale for 60 days. I am not a legal eagle when it comes down to ciphering the legal jargon. To those more knowledgeable in legal language, am I understanding this correctly???? somewhere in the S 30 -35 pages. I'll see if I can find the exact page.
A short freaking out.........Today was the day to cover......might get a chance to cover tomorrow.....7.25 raised the bar......U know Very Strong Hands have bought most all of the offering.....Bite the Bullet and cover then just go away
Does this sound correct....When such an offering is done ...it is usually done at a fair mkt. value discount of approx. 15% - 20% to what they recieve the shares at. So if 7.25 at 20% discount. JP put what they see as fair mkt. value at today ...of approx. 8.34 - 8.70 ????
X.......... agreed if not today then tomorrow. I think this will viewed as a strong support area. Willy Nillies gone. Have not added more yet but have plans to. Just want to let the dust settle a bit. I did sell trading shares bought at 7ish before drop when it didn't hold 9.80. Have that cash in hand waiting to put back into core because of I think solid support. My core is almost always bought at support levels. I do a small amounts to trade with. Core account took hit like everybodyelse that is long term. Was a bit #$%$ like most of such an extreme hit. But hey dilutions of such are generally a 20 - 25% discount to mkt.
net..........perhaps Piper wanted to stay away from any words about NVAX .......Since they are now involved with the offering. error on the safe side no pump just make general statement.
I think cnbc talking heads have no clue about most of what they say concerning certain Bios they just lump them all together. Just few questions to them.
1) Is there a need for an EBOLA Vaccine?
2) What is a vaccine for EBOLA worth?
3) What happens if no vaccine?
The response from them.......The Sully stutter.... hmmmmmmmmmm........They speak of what they do not understand.........Ask Cram....em.......Definitely a need....but over priced.......just another ex hedgie that got busted.
prentis..........Acting like JP gonna hold the sell line in hi 7.40s to low 7.50s. They will make about another million on the overallotment. I think that is what they are selling right now. Hopefully they complete the overallotment offering today.
Took a hit on long term non trading shares....but still very profitable considering started buying in the 2.30.......into the Hi 5.90s. Trading shares bought at 7ish sold in low 9.80s. Now buying back when dust settles........Dream bid in at 7.30. This will set a new floor. Hated they way the offering was handled...seemed like an act of desperation. But builds cash for trials and acompanying costs.
See anything about NVAX meeting with JP on March 16. I saw it on Fly .............It that is when the deal was cut.....that gave JP plenty of time to set up their short positions prior to announcement. Also all of the strange put option activity. Makes me think Stan, BOD and shareholders were the lambs that JP took to slaughter. Would this be considered as trading on inside information?????........information that has not been released to the public.
On much cash JP walks away with after this debacle? 10 million in underwritting fees, they probably get what 6 million, then consider how much they make on there short positions probably taken prior to offering announcement.......8 million.........perhaps another 3 million while acting as MM and supposedly stabilizing the pps. Plus other hidden dollars.....I am guessing they walk away with close to 20 million.............I hardly see JP as stabilizing the trading but rather adding to the confusion. Not a bad pay check .............. for such a poor job.
I presume these # do not include the over allotment???????? Or does it include overlottment?????????
I was guessing a 25 - 30 % Wacking JP got greedy closer to 40%. And they got all the shares they need to cover their short position with. Now they will pick up the rest nothing like buying at an extreme discount.
Have you read page S 35 on the prospectus? If not then you should read it.
JP has done these things before. I still can't believe Stan and BOD would sign up for this. There were other ways to do an offering, this has almost been an act of desperation. Wondering how the institutions feel about this, will they speak up as JP fleeces them. I think with this deal they may have just scared any other institutions away. Bad Bad deal. Everybody gets bent over by JP. I am thinking they could have contacted the large holders and done a private placement at a much better rate. As it is round and round it goes JP is the only one that knows where they will stop it.
I am very close to asking the SEC to investigate JPs activities over this issue.
I think stabilization will happen when the rest of us know what the price of the offering is. I have absolutely no problem with raising cash. Would much rather do that than barrow $$$s. Something tells me that we will not know at what pps until JP is finished bending everybody over and they get as many shares as they can as cheap as they can. Then JP will tell NVAX this is the price per share of the offering. I just have a hard time believing NVAX was that desperate for cash to go thru somebody like JP. I mean they could have approached this in a more friendly way. Especially after such a strong CC, Stan talked as though cash was a non-issue at present, but where seeking funding support for EBOLA. I just hope they don't scare out all the institutions by this little trick of trusting JP.