That could happen if the remaining business triples its margins and EBITDA. Murdock says he wants to live until he's 125, so there's still another 40 years.
Shareholders authorized sale of Dole Asia and Packaged. Non-event since 60+% shareholder was promoting the transaction. Is any one surprised David Delorenzo went with Itochu? The real question is how does John Q. Public feel about Murdock as CEO at 85+YO; with Mike Carter (GC without ops on his resume) becoming COO. Did Joe Tesoreiro go to Itochu, or is he simply leaving?
Although CQB no longer has production interests in the Philippines, the damage from Typoon Bopha could shift supply/demand elsewhere in 2013. Any ideas on the extent of the damage and potential repercussions?
Sorry, Fresh Del Monte (competitor with CQB and DOLE) is an independent public company. Del Monte Foods (canned fruit/veggies and pet food) was sold to KKR. What's your point?
What makes anyone think that Q4 will be any better than Q3?
Perhaps CQB will make up the difference in salad rinse profits?
Was the Asian business sold at a fair price?
When you take into account storm season disruptions, are Honduras and Guatemala competitive supply zones for bananas?
Stay tuned .......
1. The comment about forcing EU consumers to eat more bananas was facetious.
2. Remaining company owned production is in most precarious areas for flood/wind damage. CQB is relatively disadvantaged, particularly after losing large CR producers.
3. Of course, shortages in Latin America would cause lower quality ACP/EU production to be sold in traditional EU markets.
4. Who is surprised to hear that salad volumes are under pressure from private label (in part from former Fresh Express owners).
5. Wonder how Asian markets performed?
6. How is WalMart doing with private label bananas?
This is a tough business at the best of times. What will they sell next?
Of course DOLE has EU exposure. Bananas and pines throughout the EU plus Saba in Sweden. Do you read public filings?