A company with almost $250 million cash and another ph 3 drug (Translarna-CF) and a few other early stage candidates deserves to trade below cash?
If management does not make huge insider purchases, their credibility is totally lost
Not sure. I think fair value is around 25 at this point, but crooked street will never give that value now. If they get offer around 20 they should take it and end this torture
First of all, the stock price should have never got to 78 given the uncertainty that was there with all the trials. Now the rubber band is stretched in other direction that is the low point,
I blame analysts to a large extent and management to some extent. All these analysts with 100+ stock price should be embarrassed for the humanity. Now some of them are lowering prices that are close to current bottom of the barrel price. Short are having a ball with this and they are playing with investors fear and crashing the stock on daily basis.
This is a classic example of how shareholders are treated like cheap w###res. They have zero protection, zero rights.
I believe if there is any interest from Sanofi or any other large pharma, management should go with it even at much lower price point (15-20).
I dont think it is fair for them to take investors through another 2-3 years of torture.
Does anyone know what is " poison pill" provision put in place by in my opinion self-serving management and board that is mentioned by a couple of articles that are suggesting potential takeover target?
They are making one stupid statement after another, none backed by any facts or a true statement.
If this is an indication of massive shorting/naked shorting late Monday (3-4 million shares sold in last 30 min), this is setting up for an interesting Monday
I just reviewed last ER and the earnings transcript from last ER. And my conclusion is that although the recent news is a serious setback for the company, it is not a that big of a disaster the stock price is indicating.
The reasons are this
1. As of Sept. 30, 2015 they had 371 million cash and 93 million debt (from ER), so net cash of 278 million
2. They burned thru 29 million in 3 months ended on Sept 30, 2015 (from transcript). I would think the burn rate was high with such heavy trial/filing activities. Even if they have been burning cash at the same rate (worst case scenario), they should easily have over 220 million (2 years of burn, potentially)
3. I doubt Translarna-DMD is completely dead, The expectations may have been greatly reduced. I honestly wish they would go with reduced price to help more patients with such debilitating disease
4. Tranlarna-CF (cystic fibrosis) program is still alive. You have a Phase 3 drug here
5. You have 4-5 other programs that are pre-clinical/phase1 although market probably assigns zero value to these
You can ride the short's bashing bandwagon and blabber whatever but i hope you are not betting ur money against it
At least they did not pull the drug. That means it is beneficial to the patients. This is also gives a little more credence for approval in US
I would rather have drug approved at lower price point than not approved at all.
40% tax rate for BABA and YJ.
Core value of 6 billion
Per YHOO share
Non-core (cash, RE, investments) 8.17
Yahoo Japan 5.01
Total Value 35.93