Thanks porch. Needed to hear that
I agree. We reallc need to see rev increase this year or all these new menu improvements don't mean a thing. I hope they have mor to show or I'love start considering other options. I gave myself until 2015 as I mentioned a few years ago when I got in but really never thought I would be considering this at this time bcz I was hoping we would be further up in price. You can only improve finances, by backs and dive increase for so long then your options such become limited which I think is where they are at. Here's to hoping they are not. I can't wait to hear the next conference call.
Reply needs to show us something this quarter or they are going to go flat for a long time which for the first time makes me consider selling and moving on. Been in since 2012 so I have made a significant return but I believe they are at the end of their rope. Can't believe I am saying this But it has been a great ride. I think it is now a "Hold". Wondering if they think would think about selling if they can't show increased revenue over the next few quarters. They have great new menu ideas but so what if they can't improve the margins.
Looking foward to the next conference call in May
You are asking the wrong person. You need to address your question to Nelson pelt and his Train team. Then follow it up with a question to the CEO during the next earnings conference call coming up in may. Hopefully the analysts will pose this question too.
I agree with your analysis because they have done everything else right but we still see little revenue increase with everything they have done.
I think the divy part as reason to sell already took place when there was the big sell off last Friday because the record date was Thursday. I don't think we will see much sell off by big investors because those who are really in tune with what is going on with WEN already made their move when WEN disclosed the preliminary numbers during the investor day so everyone knows where they stand. Unless there is a significant material change in the numbers, I do not see much sell off., but I do agree as this stock gas shown we may drop a little further however I do not see it dropping to 10.
Again, fine with me because I will reinvest at lower price.
I also think that there window to improve earnings is starting to close because they have done so much in other areas to improve and those areas have been exhusted. Finally, they do have the nuclear option should growth stop and that is to sell it if there are interested parties such as that middle east firm who is looking to buy a question to break into the U.S. market.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Agree in part but I can't believe that these reasons are the teasons for today's drop all of a sudden. Earning were pretty much disclosed back in early Feb so investors are now realizing it's time to go? Possible. Maybe waiting for the record date to take advantage of the divy.
I don't agree that management is underwhelming considering what they have done since early 2012 when the stock had been dragging between 4 and 5 but now is where the rubber meets the road in trying to determine what else they can do to improve rev going forward. This is where the test begins. You can only refinance so much ando increase divy payout before it all catches up to them and I believe we are at that stage now. I would be fine too with a buyout. Maybe that middle eastern firm is evaluating to see if Wendy's is the play they want to do to break into the US market.
Good stuff to know. Thanks. That helps. That might also be the reason for the drop. Don't recall if they covered that during the preearnings release back on Feb 3.