The milestone payment will get filed as earnings, but those are few and far between for DVAX and for the most part, you are right......
It's interesting to see that ole' DVAX still does the "rinse and repeat" dance.
Although, we used to get a better spike up before it went into the rinse and repeat phase.
I would have hoped that it could do better than $2.05, after all, we ARE talking about millions of dollars in a milestone, not tens of thousands.
But, as usual, "the market" behind this seems to be predictable about yawning off the good news events and going full-tilt-panic on the bad news events.
Oh well, it's still does "rinse and repeat", yay. Some things never change.
I'm not buying anymore here (to answer your question); the hole which I am in is still mostly "hole" and I still think that Dynavax should fill most of that hole back in with "share appreciation" and not depend on me to fill it back in with mine own duccats. So, like it has been for many moons, I am simply holding and waiting for the company to provide the work and horsepower to make the share price go and thus, fill some of the hole back in. And that is my sad investment strategy for Dynavax. :-\
To the comedian who sent it, "very funny"; but I didn't fall for it. Straight to the recycle bucket.
It doesn't take much figuring to guess who sent it. Frank Davis. Nice try, Frank, but no cigar......
Sure, sounds fine.
But keep in mind that the longest journey comes closer to being completed with a single step. One thing at a time, friend. :-)
Nah, don't think so.
Even since the Daum-debacle, there have been PLENTY of opportunities to sell the company (3 or 4 times over); but yet, it hasn't happened.
Hopefully, the development today is the real-deal and commitment behind it (by AZN) will carry the company further than just a few milestones and all the way to development.
The first, real, genuine sign of progress which GSK doesn't have their fingers wrapped around.
In the end it IS progress and it IS good, and Dynavax needs more of both of those items.
Hopefully, Dynavax can push even that compound through first (before Heplisav) and begin changing it's battered perception as a company which cannot get a compound through to market.
I hope that AZN turns out to be the saving grace of Dynavax, afterall.
Nice to finally have something to cheer about, even if it is a small item.
Don't believe everything you read there, frosty-penguin.
It's a damn long ways from here to there, and nothing significant to use to blow the price up to $4.50.
The crooks on wall street are chock-full of tricks you know.
Heck, if DVAX went to $4.50 this year, I'd eat the damned message board; but I don't have to worry much about that. Good luck, but I wouldn't hold you breath waiting for $4.50 this year.
I'm sure that the Almighty is worth A LOT more than $1.82, thanks.
As Bono once said, "The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
Nor would he have a skeeve like Earle Grey OR Dino Dina on his "staff".
Thanks just the same, but I'll take God over Dynavax any day out of 7.........
It's either, Frank is on an "I love me-victory lap" or Frank is off of his tourretts meds again.
Either way, same result, the frank-davis-vladimir-putin-style broadband#$%$-storm-media-hour of, frank knows it all........
it's amazing how fast those articles appear, huh?
Almost like someone knew that news was coming, of some sort.
Same old games.....
It doesn't matter who is at fault for the emea news.
Heplisav has had a spear stuck through it for too long. The glue got applied to the wheels last year; stuck in delay since last summer. Whatever.
The most important thing whichtodays news did was answer the lingering question of EU, emea and what would happen and how far it would go.
So now we wait some more.................
Might have been Dino's move to initiate the application with the emea, but control over withdrawing application has been with earl grey since last may. Gray has owned it since then, period.
At least he pulled the plug when he knew the handwriting was on the wall.
Also shows that gray doesn't have the pull with the emea that most assumed that he had. He lost on his own turf. Just like daum and gsk expected him to do.
Perhaps we find out what and who grey is for, or not for, in the next act.
Guess who struck again? (besides Frank Davis, I mean)
Our tormentor of old, Robert Daum. Looks like the EMEA sided with Robert Daum on the arguement he raised about study sizes having been too small to declare Heplisav completely safe.
Didn't need a panel or a vote; just some European sheep that can bleat the same song with a foreign accent to it.
I suppose that the current management was smarter to have withdrawn application rather than watiing to have been handed their collective head.
Didn't that movie already get shown back in Jan-Feb 2013 with the FDA?
We know how that movie ended.
At least, now the decks are all cleared out from the previous acts of Heplisav.
The latest act has only begun playing out; God help us with wherever that ends up.
This surely isn't going to $4.50 or whatever other higher and more ridiculous targets there are.
Leave the shares in the drawer another 6 months to a year.....
Yep, and that would be why I don't go to Mexico. Big deal.
Now go back to your anti-government, tin-foil-hat rant.......
That's alright, I like your thinking.
At least you are thinking in the right direction. ;-)
I agree and say that we should go there, and beyond, asap.......