I'll get out in a hurry If it turns south.
You will pay dearly for not selling before 10k.... Buy right afterwards at a much lower price.
Mark this post.... Why are they waiting for the last possible day? if you were new CEO, wouldn't you want to start with a clean slate? Throw the baby out with the bath water so from now on all news will be "better". Watch and see.
I'm on the sidelines, not short... waiting for the 10k to make a move in either direction
The 10k could have significant reductions in earnings estimates and write downs of current assets. Maybe it won't of course, but I would think they would through everything in there just so "all bad news" is out there and make themselves look better with a new CEO down the road. The stock could get hammered, or it could rally if nothing new is reported. The assumptions seem to be all positive. That could be a mistake.
It's not just the release that matters folkes, it's also what actually in the report. You do know that don't you? My guess is that they will lower forecast again and there will be write down of certain assets. The new CEO wants to make himself look good, not bad so he probably knows that already. The old CEO will be blamed for the #$%$.
And that's why it's best to wait for the release..... There will be a big pop in which case you should short it or there will be a big drop in which case you then buy it because analyst will then be saying "all bad news is now in". I'm waiting to make a move....either way I don't care. People are so loyal to their positions that's it's silly.
What is the continuing delay? I'm not holding any shares right now...We shouldn't assume that the 10k will have nothing new because it may contain lower valuations of the company's assets. I'm just guessing but that won't help the stock price.
That's why I'm thinking after hours might be a little over done. The actual 10k release could push this up another 10 points or so assuming nothing unknown and outrageous is included in it.... New CEO could push this up another 10 points assuming he/she has an excellent reputation... I'm just speculating but maybe, just maybe.
Up 49k in a few days... But to be perfectly honest, I am still down about 45k more..... I will buy back tomorrow morning after it settles down at the open. Quite frankly it needs a little breather. I may be completely wrong but I just locked in a nice gain... for now.. :-)