I'm actually more concerned with Gilead than with CEMP. EXPECTATIONS VERY HIGH FOR GILEAD…Maybe not quite as high with CEMP. CEMP needs Solithromycin to get approval. If it does, I can see a $45 stock hitting say $65 ?
Patience is one thing. Tying up perfectly good money that could be put to use somewhere else is another.
This should have popped into the 175-180 range. It did not.
At some point I have to admit that I was the one who made a mistake. Take my lumps and try and capitalize someplace else. If this is still around in 6-12 months I can always revisit the situation.
I would rather put the money to use in an active manner…then essentially tying up "dead money" and not be able to make cash somewhere else. Gilead, Celgene, Cempra…lots of other choices.
With about 7500 traded stocks on the market…not gonna marry Cigna.
Did not make the "run" I thought it would. Take the $800 loss and place the money somewhere more useful. Overall terrible deal for the shareholders. We got left with very little.
Place the same money in Gilead or Celgene…Maybe the price action will be kinder there.
You probably get it today with the Celgene / Receptos deal. Biotech stocks will all get a lift regardless of how good or bad they may be. People will now look for Gilead to make a deal. For the time being, the Celgene news is bullish for everyone.
Relatively little, the buyout in this case Trumps the bad news from Greece. The entire stock market could be "down" but because of an agreed upon sale price…Humana will be solidly positive at around the $225 mark.
Yep. Seems like Germany just placed a line in the sand. Told Greece here is the deal take it or leave it. Looks like Greece is going to walk away.
I am going to cover one more "base" and be willing to get into Humana at $196. Looking for both Humana and Cigna to get taken over within the next week.
Yep, I'm a greedy little capitalist. But for the industry…in the end will be good.
Simple…you don't put it anywhere except under the mattress. As foolish as it sounds, people would rather lose the interest than to withstand a "correction".
Most people rather conservative when it is their money.
People selling to hide "In CASH" just in case a Greece bailout does not happen. The Greece situation that we thought had a deal a few days ago did not go through.
Once something is decided…ALL stocks will bounce back. Or TANK if the wrong thing happens. So people hiding in CASH
I have to agree with the $190. I was going to put it between $188-$190. I really don't think money is what is holding this up. I think EGO is what is holding this up. Offer was rather solid…just have to hammer out some details and soothe hurt feelings.
Someone knows something.
And shareholders should sue the BOD and the CEO not acting in the shareholders best interest if that was to happen.
I think a $184/share buyout would be approved by the shareholders. I don't know why they did not jump on that unless CIGNA feels that Anthem will easily put in more $$$
Fear that a deal does not happen at all.
You know you have 5 major players. United, Aetna, Humana, Cigna, and Anthem.
What happens if Anthem decides to buy Humana and United and Aetna merge.
Look who becomes the odd man out and loses market share. CIGNA would be the small fry in that situation.