First they tell you the earnings will be released after market close. Then they give you the United flight delay routine. This kind of management is good for nothing. Doesn't matter what the earnings are, the management is a pile of stink'n s***.
In pilot school they teach you that any landing is a good landing. But nowhere do they teach you a late earnings release is a good release. Cause there ain't no such thing as a good earnings release that's late. If it ain't there before the market opens, I can tell you this much. If I hold shares in such a company I'd vote my proxy against every last nominee on the Board of Directors, and strongly consider selling it too.
Anything I invest in is with a long term attitude, 10 years, 30 years, whatever. I've seen millionaires who invested in terribly risky stocks that were in the dog house and they just held it for decades. Warren Buffett keeps proselytizing about how important long term holding is for investors. Most of the things you read around here are a lot of bunk, because nobody's getting paid to tell you to keep your money in your pockets. Don't get me started, but the idiots who keep buying and selling are the same ones that vote for more taxes!
If I told you once I'll say it a'gin, that 10 percent "activist" shareholder is ruining it for the other 90 percent.
Hey, it ain't so hard to understand why TORAY would go higher. If I bought out a half billion dollar company for a song and a dance, I'd be getting pretty high myself. This ain't no "deal." This is a heist. Let me put it this way. If this were truly a democratic country, like the People's Republic of Commie China, the people who set this thing up would be organ donors.
Worst management since that four-legged female puppy who took over HP. In the words of Earnst Shackleton, "Which way is South?"
I hold a much larger position in Toray Industries than in Zoltek, so I'm a little bit hedged, but not much, because Zoltek is just a tiny blimp compared to Toray. You wouldn't think an acquisition like this would make a blib on the Toray radar screen. The fact that the Toray share price shot up so dramatically on the announcement is a market signal that Zoltek shareholders are getting royally screwed up the a*.
They used to carry some nice looking, good quality cotton dress shirts, though you had to dig to find them, but they were there to be had with a little effort. But I couldn't find one I liked in my size, and I'm a very ordinary size, not thin, not fat, not short, not tall. I kept checking back, week after week, month after month Finally, I tried to get some assistance at the register. Either I was approaching the speed of light, or the service was awfully slow. The person at the counter said they could order a shirt for me in my size, but I would have to pay for it in advance. So I passed. My impression is that this store targets polyester shoppers, and leaves the guy who's looking for 100% cotton high and dry. The store goes for quality NOT.
Do what Warren Buffet does. Buy companies where you like the product. Not that I like any of Warren Buffet's shirts. I don't like his insurance companies either. It's just like his philosophy.
Sentiment: Strong Sell