Don't forget to subtract whatever negative retained earnings are on the balance sheet to determine what the stock is worth. Still, likely more than $8.00.
They will save it for a "rainy day" and will continue to look for extremely wise expansion opportunities. Being conservative is what anybody in the agriculture business wisely does
It is because of their superior conservative management that CALM stock has risen from $1.20 when listed 19 years ago to today's price over $49(about 4000%).
To that you can add their excellent dividend policy of paying out 30% of earnings.
The real problem with MJN is it is simply overpriced with a PEG ratio is 2.68 when the bottom should be 1.00.
For MJN the PEG could be as high as 1.4 given it's 2.5% dividend indicating the stock could drop another 47.7% before it bottoms.
Going down in anticipation of the elimination of "Obamacare".
These health insurance companies all rose about 275% since passage of the A.C.A. and need to drop back to where they were before A.C.A.
No escape. Conservatives will take over the White House and eradicate A.C.A.
Conservative -- tea party -- right wing ideology:
1. Destroy religious freedom in Iraq.
2. Create ISIS.
3. Put Shiah in charge (15% of the Islamic world).
4. Overthrow Saddam, a Sunni (85% of the Islamic world).
How did that 3 $trillion Iraq war work out for ya!
Did USA learn an expensive lesson on messing around with things they know nothing about, such as the fact that we ousted the Suni sect in Iraq which comprises over 80 percent of the Islamic world?
The problem is the people who had zero knowledge of world realities and decided to throw out the guy who had that mess under control.
Here are a couple of facts for those wanting an education:
1. The LAND where oil fields in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are in Shiah tribal areas.
2. The OIL & GAS wells and the OIL & GAS extracted in Saudi Arabia & Kuwait are owned and operated by Sunni.
3. When we ousted the Sunni and replaced them with Shiah in Iraq, we joined Iran, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in preparation for a Shiah caliphate against the will of the 80 percent in favor of the 20 percent.
4. When the Kurds of northern Iraq form and independent state, that is going to create another fiasco resulting from the overthrow of the man who had things under control. About 50 percent of Turkey and 30 percent of Iran is Kurdish. They will attempt to reunite as they were before the Ottoman Empire. Another fiasco created by USA fools who knew nothing about what they were doing when they changed the power mix in Iraq.
5. Christians, Jews and all religions were free to worship under Saddam.
------------------------------- ----- ---------
American Deaths.................Total In combat
------------------------------- ----- ---------
Since war began (3/19/03): 4493 3528
Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list) 4347 3424
Since Handover (6/29/04): 3627 2899
Since Obama Inauguration (1/20/09): 256 128
Since Operation New Dawn: 66 39
Total Wounded resulting in serious handicap: 32021
Total Wounded, some of whom partially
Earnings less than $4.00.
Want an idea of how expensive this stock is?
Compare it to CALM which produces eggs, has no debt, rose more than VRX over the past 10 years and pays a 6% dividend above that.
CALM rose from $2.60 to $47.50 or 1827% over the past 10 years not including the dividend.
VRX rose from $16.16 to $101.39 or 627% over the past 10 years and pays 0.00 dividend.
CALM p/e ratio is 7.22 and VRX p/e ratio is 58.24.
CALM profit margin is 17.49% and VRX profit margin is under 10%.
CALM produced eggs which contain the essential amino acids (proteins) required by humans (and that requirement has been true since the beginning of mankind's existence and will be true for a very long time!
CALM rose more than GOOGL and AAPL over the past 10 years (the dawn of 10 years).
336 FDA studies under recruitment status (looking for patient candidates):
336 Open Studies found for: Medtronic
Over 1020 total studies registered on FDA clinical trials found for: Medtronic
2016 should be another good year for Medtronic
You would think any company that went through bankruptcy would keep debt down until it is near 0.00.
Makes 0.00 sense to me this company is repeating the same mistakes again.
Offshore is by far the costliest way to find oil.
Next step: Dividend cut to 0.00% is possible.
And, yes, you are right. Massive debt is the undoing of many corporations.
During good times in the energy business (or ANY business) is when debt should be reduced to $0.00.
Bad planners and hedge funds like to extract the maximum from these companies to the brink.
As cloud computing grows aren't data owners of clouded data backing up their data to prepare for disaster recovery? Disaster could be weather, fire, hacker data destruction, etc.???