Let's get back to BMY can we, after all that's what this message board is for. If you want to talk politics, go find a chat room and leave this message board for it's purpose.
Has the upcoming Div been announced? Schwab has changed it to 2.05/yr and Yahoo still has it at 1.80/yr. Would be nice to see that increase but I'm sure Schwab has it wrong. Do we have a date yet - it's getting close to their past ex-dates
Can someone tell me what the DRIP price was for the last dividend that was paid 5/16? I want to make sure Schwab actually did this right. I talked to them today and the rep said they didn't do DRIPs.
HA - that is exactly why the headache. I also hate to buy at the high, BUT bottom line is do I really care if I'm getting close to 17% return? (based on avg cost basis). I did have cash to take adv of the SPO and got some more at 22.95 & 23.00. OUCH - it's back.
Reit - You seem to have polite, knowledgeable answers to other investors questions so I have one for you.
I have several K of MTGE avg cost 22.70. I also have cash from profits of other stocks taken before the latest drop. I want to buy more MTGE but it makes my head hurt trying to decide whether to buy it now at 24 (last buy was at 23.60) or wait and buy after x date for .90 less (around 23.10 if it drops that much). Ihis is a reg acct, not tax deferred. Honest opinion appreciated. Thanks
Exactly my problem. I accumulated cash waiting for a buy opp and got some AH yesterday at 22.95. Want some more but will it pop or drop today? Price should take it down but I'm afraid people will snatch it up and run it back up. So far it's up in pre mkt.
Sorry but this is my first year with MLP's and I have a simple question.
I am using H&R Blocks Home version and simply filing in the blocks from the K-1 boxes. Am I safe in assuming this will take care of putting everything where it belongs?
Question is - is this considered PASSIVE? I have a loss in Box 1 and if I say PASSIVE, it disallows claiming the loss but NON-PASSIVE allows the loss and my IRS return amount is a lot better.
Sorry to sound stupid but thanks for any answers.
I called and talked Schwab into it the end of last week. They got me signed up and last night I got my shares bought at 47.908. I called this AM and was told you had to be signed up by the day after date of record to get the discount, SOOOOOO I won't get it until next div. The div dept acted to my rep like this was all a big secret and wouldn't even give him a list of stocks that offered this. How stupid, if you are there to help your clients, why not automatically enroll them into any available.
You buy at an all time high, get a 1.25 dividend (but the PPS drops 1.25 ex-date so no gain there), then a SPO comes out and drops it more. So you are in it at probably $2 more than the PPS. Great plan.
They cut the dividend and the stock goes to a new high? I guess it shows that there are more buy and sell traders than drip investors. Do people not realize that the return on a $28 pps is 17.8% and on a $30 pps is 16.6%. Over a percent return diff. I'm in at 28 with a bunch of $ waiting to buy in but I refues at this price. Wait till they see what the price drops to after ex date ir a SPO. I just can't understand anyone buying in at over $29
OH MY GOD - the world is ending.
AGNC is in my 401 and IRA so no tax on dividends or gains and it might drop from 20% return to 17% Oh MY oh MY. I guess I better sell it quick and find a better investment. How can I live on only a 17% return?
Get real, even if it drops a couple of percents what the hell do you want?
Since this is a high since last Sept I am having trouble deciding whether to sell all my AGNC and rebuy after a drop or a SPO or both. I liquidated a bunch of low performers over the past 2 weeks to have cash for a SPO but after todays high, selling what I already have appears a good way to get back in at at least a $1 or more drop.
What are the rest of you thinking?
I agree about these 'chartists' I hate these picture watchers.
Just because the last 3 times it rained on the third Thursday of the month at 9:00am DOES NOT mean that on the third Thursday of the coming month IT WILL RAIN at 9:00. Totally stupid to watch these 'pictures' and make judgements. Unfortunately too many prople listen to them. There are way too many variables that can affect performance.
I see no reason to run the stock down over 2% today when everyones knows that it will drop in price tonight because of tomorrow being ex-date. I see this happen all the time with my REITS because some people follow the sell before ex-date and rebuy after ideal that has been proven to NOT be more financially advantagous than taking the dividend but I can't imagine why this happened to KMP. Can someone enlighten me as to why this 2% drop happeed the day before ex-date?
In that case, it's can't not cant and it's shouldn't not shouldnt and sentences start with a CAPITAL letter.