Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

XOMA Corporation Message Board

tom.lei 12 posts  |  Last Activity: Jul 26, 2015 3:22 PM Member since: May 27, 2010
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    One Analysis report for XOMA.

    by tom.lei Jul 16, 2015 10:53 AM
    tom.lei tom.lei Jul 26, 2015 3:22 PM Flag

    This is my experience. If you follow my research notes on July 16, you will WIN.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Many retail investors have a high expectation on the phase III testing result...Based on my experience with XOMA, it will not lead to a high increase of the share price.

    1. It is only a testing result of Phase 3, and there is a long way to go before the FDA approval. The test result means a lot to XOMA as a company (do or die), it does not mean as much to the investors, because it does not guarantee an approval from FDA.

    2. Even if the test result is good, XOMA will take full advantage of it, and sell more shares to get more money to fund their operation and R&D. Their cash position is very low, and they need to raise fund. It's hard to materialize the increase of the share price, by dilution. It will benefit XOMA, not the investors like you and me, even if the test result is good. It is XOMA.

    3. Their management kept selling their shares on periodic basis. Tax sale or not (however you want to interpret), it is NOT good. It is a sign of lack confidence in their company.
    4. If the test result is not as good as expected (especially when Sevier is involved), it will be very bad. The PPS probably will tumble to territory of 1's.
    5. Waiting for their secondary offering news before/after their phase III result

    Sentiment: Hold

  • tom.lei tom.lei Jul 15, 2015 9:22 PM Flag

    4. If the test result is not as good as expected (especially when Severier is involved), it will be ugly.. the PPS probably will tumle to territory of 1's.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • tom.lei tom.lei Jul 15, 2015 9:17 PM Flag

    Everybody has a high expectation about the testing result...Based on my experience with XOMA, it will not lead to a high increase of the share price.
    1. It is only a testing result of Phase 3, and it has a long way to go before the FDA approval.
    2. Event the test result is good, XOMA will take advantge of it and sell more shares to get more money to fund their operationand R&D, as they are short of cash. It's hard to materialize the increase of the share price. It will benefit XOMA, not the investors like you and me. It is XOMA.
    3. Mesaage of XOMA's CEO and CMO by selling their shares.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Bear Raid Willl Happen Again

    by tom.lei Jul 14, 2015 11:27 PM
    tom.lei tom.lei Jul 14, 2015 11:35 PM Flag

    give me an reason why the PPS will be going up: No speculation.
    Need to convince yourself before buying o selling.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Bear Raid Willl Happen Again

    by tom.lei Jul 14, 2015 11:27 PM
    tom.lei tom.lei Jul 14, 2015 11:32 PM Flag

    4. Everybody think the Phase III will be successful. The current PPS has already factored in the potential success.
    5. However what if the phase III is not as good as expected, or not so good, what will be the PPS: Probably low 2's, if not 1's.
    6. Baker Brother: They have already liquidate about 7 million of their share at the end of last year, which is pretty much they invested in XOMA. Their current holding on XOMA is pure interest.
    #$%$ XOMA, many years without sales, without product. Why is it going to be successful...

    Sentiment: Hold

  • 1. Both CEO and CMO of the company Sold their Stock on periodic basis.
    2. The company's Cash position is so low and it can only last up to 6 Month. Secondary Offering could happen at any time.
    3. Check the short interest for this stock:
    Short Interest (Shares Short) - 24,642,000
    Short Interest - Prior - 23,651,200

  • tom.lei tom.lei Jul 13, 2015 1:58 PM Flag

    Short Interest Now (Shares Short): 24,642,000
    Short Interest - Prior: 23,651,200

    Plus the management is selling all the time (as recent as last week).
    Plus their cash position can only last for 6 month.

    What if the phase III is not as good, what will be the PPS?

    Even if the phase III is good, so what? Does it mean that it will be getting approved by FDA.

    Long way to go...

    Sentiment: Hold

  • It's time to finance the research and development, by selling shares to institutional or retail investors. It’s middle of the year, and their cash can only last for another half a year.
    Dilution at a higher price, and getting more fund for their R&D / administration: More dilution on the way.
    People are always talking about buyout, that is a remote dream, I think.
    I don’t think there is a milestone payment either at this time. I believe the 1st 50 million has been paid by Servier for the Phase 3 study. The rest of the cost for phase 3 study will be shared 50 to 50 by Xoma and Servier.

    If buyout and milestone payment is out of the picture, how XOMA can afford the rest of the research.
    They will have to sell more stocks to either institution or retail investor like you and me, to get more funds to funding their R&D. It is only a matter of time.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • tom.lei tom.lei Jul 11, 2015 4:34 AM Flag

    people are always talking about buyout, which is a remote dream.
    I believe the 1st 50 million has been paid by Servier for the Phase 3 study.
    The rest of the cost is shared 50 to 50 by Xoma and Servier. Where is the milestone payment.
    If buyout and milestone payment is out of the picture, how XOMA can afford the rest of the research.
    They willl have to sell more share to either institution or retail investor like you and me, to get more fund to funding their R&D.It is a matter of time.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • tom.lei tom.lei Jul 10, 2015 12:19 PM Flag

    It's time to finance the research and development. Middle of the year, and their cash can only last for another half a year.
    Dilution at a higher price, and getting more fund for their R&D/adiminstration, and also compensation.
    No other reason, and nothing new.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • They have done that many times.

    Good news for a huge PUMP, and then news about selling more shares at (4.94 or whatever last time), and then no news for quite some time, until the pps going to very low..

    Wait and see...

    No other reason for the jump, and cannot justify that.

    It is XOMA...

    Sentiment: Hold

XOMA
0.7842-0.0558(-6.64%)Sep 3 4:00 PMEDT