And today they are up 1.32% , sure you can pick any stock and find a down period, no funds, no banks plan on a buy and hold only any more, that stopped withfast computer trades . That is why they have two WMT accounts (1 long,) (1 short,) and only sell when there is profits.
WMT - 1990 @ 6.20 Today @ 64.30 + 3 splits = 192.90 = (320-% over 26 yrs)
No I don't want to buy and hold WMT, but I know a lady (wmt employee) that got in early draws thousands in dividends a year, she seems happy with hers.
This is spot-on.
PLEASE, READ THIS TO THE END. IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco +K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans… Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!
To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature, it is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons: a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 240 years to get it right and it is broke.
b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 80 years to get it right and it is broke.
c. Fannie Mae was