It seems that there should be some more support from the asset base alone... At this price the market is saying that there is no hope for coal.... Can Arch hold up long enough for their to be a republican in the white house?
There were a few blocks of around 50,000 shares that traded around noon and a few big blocks earlier in the day. - After the noon buys it looks like things have tapered off- If the buyer wants more I suspect they will hold off for a stabilization/ retreat in price before coming back into the market so they don't run the price up too much.
10 X normal volume so far - but a $! per share and change it takes a lot of volume to amount to much. - One institutional buyer accumulating could do this.
look for it rebound before the close and close up tomorrow. - Takes some time for the news to get out - At least there is finally some action and it has been communicated.
yes (42) that's when I was adding to my position- Starting to take some off the table here - along with many other stocks that have moved a little to far.... to fast. - yes I may not hit the top - but i am accumulating some good "dry powder" fro when the correction does come. - - Up 10% this year on top of +35% last year. - -- Bulls and bears make money - Pigs get slaughtered. Chl is still a good value here and a good long term hold - but there may be more buy opportunities in the near future than sell opportunities. (but then again I may miss another 5 points to the upside on the portion I am selling)
From the sale of assets? - If they sell Australia, coal operations and maybe Canada? - That would cut debt in half and reduce nonperforming operations. - cash flow should be improved and give breathing room until ore prices firm/rebound. - Who has a good handle on what asset sales could bring? - your thoughts"?
Anyone know what the financial impact of this will be? - There is mention in the press release of a cap on liabilities and returns. - -- is there any pending legal action regarding this brand? -or are they referring just to possible returns of discontinued product by retailers? -or something else? -= It seems the company is continuing to shrink. - i know hat cost cutting measures were needed -but at some point you have to generate growing sales. -- Or is the strategy to "clean things up to make way for selling the company"?-
At current multiple the buyback should equal about $1 per share. - If they can sell off assets and reduce debt - and get some relief on pricing - then we should see $20+
The news for the day is that CLF is on sale! - Buy now - wait 3-5 years then sell for double or triple your investment.
What is your take on their ability to grow in this fashion? It seems that the ability to scale faster would be dampened with more "brick and mortar time and attention vs focus on the online approach. - your take? - Overall the numbers look O.K. - Still decent growth but it would be nice if they could scale faster and focus on growing without adding too much overhead. - Will watch market response and add to position on any further weakness below what should be a price support around the $5.65 level.