Do you really believe that the government that lied to you about -
* Tonkin Gulf
* Mass Kosovar graves in Serbia
* Kuwaiti newborns being tossed from incubators by Iraqi troops
* Yellowcake from Africa
* Iraqi cruise missiles
* Iraqi WMDs
... is incapable of lying to you about global warming?
The irony is that the Greenies had it right in the 1970s when they predicted an era of global cooling. I guess they reversed this ploy when they realized there was more political and economic power to be seized with the global warming meme.
Baking soda carbon capture technology has been developed by Lawrence Livermore Labs. If the coal companies would get behind this cheap technology and advocate its widespread adoption, it would completely undermine the Warmers' arguments against coal's CO2 emissions.
When the northern ice cap descends below Detroit, you'll be crying for cheap, abundant coal!
But the treasonous, treacherous stooges of the EPA will have destroyed the coal companies by then. Maybe you'll be able to survive by running your outdoor barbecues off of your propane tanks you got filled at the local Krogers. LOL
From Del Taco, that is.
CO2 can be cheaply captured with baking soda technology. Scrubbers already exist to capture toxic substances. Ash can be used in building materials.
(1) Cheap carbon capture technology using baking soda can be deployed to satisfy EPA regs regarding CO2 emissions, thereby eliminating the EPA CO2 hammer.
(2) Clear evidence of reduction in solar sunspot activity ("Maunder Minimum") will lead to a mini-Ice Age on planet earth - thereby increasing the demand for energy, especially of the cheap, plentiful variety characterized by coal.
(3) Increased volcanic activity will also contribute to global cooling.
(4) The sad state of the physical infrastructure of the United States will result in public buildings projects that require heavy construction materials, including steel that requires met coal in order to be produced.
(5) Export of LNG will drive up the price of Nat Gas.
(6) Wild card: the Middle East could blow up, removing a source of cheap energy.
Also, there appears to be increased volcanic activity (not saying this is linked to reduced solar activity) - increased particulates in the atmosphere can contribute to global cooling.
Increased volcanic activity coupled with the Sun entering a Maunder Minimum, and there will be people begging for the reliable energy represented by coal. The only question is: will the Warmers' treasonous war on coal be victorious before the Ice Age hits?
Yes, yes I agree - but in the meantime we must try to keep coal alive as it suffers the vicious attacks of traitorous Greenies and Warmers. What better way than to play along with their game and beat them at it?!
The announcement of the pay cuts was intended to drive the price down, allowing those in the know to purchase at a fire sale price. Tomorrow's earnings should be spectacular.
If you call Arch, tell 'em to advocate the adoption of cheap baking soda carbon capture technology to undermine the Warmers' objection to coal. Use the Warmers' own arguments to undercut the frenzied anti-coal hysteria.