I really thought this manufacturing issue with the pct/Upenn batches was over?
One of the promoters brought it up 2 quarters ago . .. and I thought management addressed this already with the FDA? Why were analysts bringing this up again? I thought the Upenn equipment was transported to the next facility? Do we have to go revisit the CGMPs again? UGH
And why did IMUC management make a big deal using another manufacturer besides PCT? It sounded like they weren’t happy with PCT for some reason. Why even consider someone else? Options limited there anyway.
i don't know enough about how the trial is structured and whats going on to say when to speculate about when the results will come. i mean when Yu started talking about those subgroups and i drew blanks. . I really need to figure out what's going on.
But everything will be known here soon, but when the data is released, I'd really like to have an idea what to look for besides the SOC/OS numbers. From what I heard on the call, the numbers are going to be a little more complicated than how many months 107 beat or missed on the SOC/OS numbers.
I need to learn more about the fda process and interpreting results.
or trying to to tell people about the risks of these stock though others failures? eh, whatever, they weren't 107. either way might be a good idea to focus on things that management has direct control over
Very happy management is again staying ahead of the curve, seen planning ahead with talks of partnership in developing ict107. I really do no not want to hear about partnership talks if results are good but if results aren’t so great then IMUC can try getting someone to help with the bill in developing ict107 so again really happy about management staying ahead of the curve.
Q&A section, happy someone brought up the subgroup sets in the 107 trial, liked the 2nd question of that caller about the difference between initial 107 and recurrent 121 GBM, and I really liked a private investor just taking the time to ask any question on a conference call. Its amazing how many investors especially retail investors do not play an active role in their investments. Just look at how many proxy votes are left unanswered by investors.
Overall, okay call.
ooh almost forgot, i wasn't too happy about that early caller trying to promote 107 due to other companies GBM failures.
they're hiring than the people they just axed last quarter?
ooooh thank you finally shaking up the board and new ceo oooohhh goody.
Wait a minute:
"The Company's net loss for the three months ended September 30, 2013 was $7.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $5.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, for the same period in 2012."
An offering will be coming soon.
lolol $7.4M expenses and 100k revenue? good grief, and a promise to change things around. Will sound like the Gulfo exit call. Shakes head. And there will be a big offering coming. that little $6M did nothing.
call is that the IMUC call will start shortly afterward. So just when the soup and sandwich is just about to come out from MELA management not able to cut costs or find a CEO, IMUC management will be there to soothe things.
I warned people about this stock's volatility months ago on this board, nobody listens.
you people recently entered because of those silly "pump" articles from Seeking Alpha written by people that used a silly screener to find CYTR and do not have a "feel" for this stock exemplified by the poor writing of those articles. i remember one of those articles had CYTR pipeline from last year or earlier still listed lololol and now you're worried.
Go back to the source of where you got your info and ask them why the shares are down, i dont feel like posting about CYTR.
they will sit there until management decides to raise capital. then this conversation turns into trying to anticipate what management's future plans, associated expenses and whether there is a need to offer shares to pay the bills.
But i can see i am missing your point.
elaborate and we'll think about it.
I gave negatives, now for some positives. What has gained my attention is what management has done. Look at management’s compensation, look at Yu’s options, look at the new additions to the board, they rearing up for the next step past this ph2 trial already, they are going forward regardless. Something else that has my attention is Yu and Co. are well informed and deal with GBM cases on a daily basis. They’re not bankers or bloggers trying to understand something, but live and breath what they do on a daily basis.
Also, the DMC got rid of most of the concerns with safety and whether the drug showed a clinical benefit with the interim. Its now just a matter of how effective the drug is. I wouldn’t say the drug will provide the same stellar results as the ph1 as this round of testing is more stringent but as the “promoters” have said, GBM is a tough cookie to crack and if 107 shows an improvement in SOC/OS which IMUC management who deals with this on a daily basis says they see something special, I’ll continue to listen
But from what I can tell from your concern about selling IMUC into the results is that seems more like you might be mismanaging your portfolio. I’ve taken the time to position my portfolios so that if one of my stocks gets wrecked or there is volatility but the if the fundamentals of the stock or the reason why I entered haven’t gone astray, I can tolerate the price movements. I would suggest you look into viable options to protect your investment and talk to a financial adviser that will sit down and look over your specific holdings. If you’re not interested in that, try your local library or bookstore for portfolio management. But I really can’t stress how important proper portfolio management is especially with these volatile high beta stocks.
A problem besides ict107 not meeting expectations displayed in that ph1 trial I see and I think you might have noticed with one of your clinical study posts here recently was short term results with 107 say, 1-2 years were better than historical rates which is great but what really grabs my attention with ict107 are the results of the people living much longer than the 3 year period from their 1st treatment of 107!
You have to remember this ph2 trial is setup to measure the Overall Survival of 2 and 3 years which are the longest periods doctors are expecting patients with GBM to live but there are people using ict107 living waaaay past this and the ph2 trial won’t be able to provide evidence/info of those people when they release data, so that’s a drawback.
Another concern I have with this trial is why aren’t these people that are properly screened (ie HLA-A1 or HLA-A2 and other conditions of the ph2 trial) not responding to the initial treatment while others are doing phenomenal? And this is the main concern here; there are so many patients in that ph1 that just didn’t take well to ict107 in the early portion of the trial and no one knows why. I don’t know if IMUC is still updating that chart they had of 107 ph1 results showing how long the subjects lived but a nice amount of the subjects receiving 107 died off early in the study.
OOOOOOOOOh no, you’re not going to blame me if something does wrong!! Lololol
The distinction I have from the “promoters” is I’ll talk about both sides of the story and try my best not to lead people astray. That is a personal decision to buy or sell. All I can say is that I’m very comfortable with my position.
Anywho, I think there are institutional holders that are thinking the same as you, having the same concerns with the upcoming trial and will probably dump IMUC shares taking profit before any results to minimize risk. We saw it with the fall of IMUC shares down to a $2.00 price tag of imuc shares then a spike up to $3 a few months ago with the interim results, we’ll probably see that same thing here soon. I don’t know how low it will go but I’m expecting a dip before the results, not a run up. And as I said before, if there is a run up ole Cantor is waiting lolol.
I don’t know what to tell ya, last week was a #$%$ week as I got the WTW earning right but management came out of nowhere with getting rid of the divy while their cash flow is still there to fund that little divy. Management keeps claiming they’re preparing for an upcoming earnings/revenue storm while giving “end of the world” guidance and in contrast, still raising their end of year guidance every few months. But whatever, the point here with IMUC is that the study might go accordingly but something might go wrong out of nowhere and mess everything up. That’s why I’m on the boards trying to think of things that might come out of nowhere and learn.
But overall, I wouldn’t be worried about an IMUC offering because if the results are good there will be plenty of demand for shares. So yes, around a major event like the ph 2 results that might spark interest, I would make shares available if I were part of management. But it wouldn’t kill the share price especially if they do another ATM as opposed to a block offering.
If you’re asking do I think there will be another upcoming offering? At 1st glance, IMUC has somewhere around less than $25M in cash on hand plus another $25 ATM offering in place, the exact number will be released on the upcoming call, so I would say no, they look very well off compared to what they normally have. Look at their cash and equivalents on the balance sheet for the last few quarters since that late 2012 offering and the cash balance has held around that $25M mark very well.
Then again,. . . future offerings are at the discretion of management and if they feel there’s interest in IMUC shares via a high price appreciation in the market because of ph2 results, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did another offering here especially with the funding of the 2 other drug candidates in the pipeline and whatever plans they have for developing ict107 past this ph2 trial. Wow, wouldn’t that be something? Doing another offering besides Cantor selling shares into that announcement? At 1st look, I’d would say that’s aggressive but what’s the alternative? Wait until the coffers go bare then throw shares at people when there is little interest in them to raise money?
That’s an extreme example but there’s going to be more offerings, that’s not in question, what I’m thinking about is what is the most ideal way that allows management to fund future projects and operations while at the same time not deteriorate shareholder value.
I’m thinking, Cantor sells the remaining $25M into that announcement giving IMUC $45-50M then announce another 25M ATM. A block offering gives management instant money but kills stock momentum, but it undermines what the market is willing to pay for shares. So an ATM would help both the shareholder and management, but I’m not sure if that’s enough for management’s immediate future plans.
Buying something because xyz is already in that asset really isn’t a good idea for numerous reasons.
A better approach is to be ahead of the curve and think of assets these big funds might think are attractive so you get that price appreciation as they enter the asset.
Another problem I have with this view is that these funds have so much money that if you look what how many shares takes up their total portfolio, its not really a lot.
I don’t see your original argument of entering MELA based on what these institutions do as a good explanation to enter the stock.
I’m sure there are other reasons to enter this stock but I’m not a fan of this one.
lolol sorry not as well versed on cd133 as you are.
why do you start telling us your investment strategy concerning IMUC as a long term investment and how would ict121 play a role in that thesis?
"There is a consensus among some, vaccine immunotherapy needs 6 to 12 months of administration before the immune system finally recognizes the cancerous antigen as foreign".
I've heard this but don’t think this is an issue because the ph2 107 trial patients have been screened to have a KARNOFSKY PERFORMANCE STATUS SCALE (KPS) of 70% or better. So its not like they’re in awful shape and the disease has taken off and the vaccine is trying to make a great catch up.
But I don’t know, maybe, I have to look at this some more. Kinda funny you bring that up because I was looking at vector based vaccines that might help delivery!
Looking at Yu’s 2006 article “Analysis of gene expression and chemoresistance of CD133+ cancer stem cells in glioblastoma”. Eh, it’s tainted because its written by him, but I need to study it to get into the ict121/cd133 conversation. But yeah I have a few concerns about IMUC nothing really bad about the upcoming trial but a few things, I'm looking at.