Yes, I am a retired financial analyst that happens to live within walking distance of CBI in The Woodlands, TX. They paid too much for Shaw, but this is a temporary problem and Shaw will be good longer term. They started Phase II construction in The Woodlands and I believe that they have a solid order backlog. I like to buy companies like BA and CBI that are nearn their lows, but have solid future prospects . good luck
I sold 100 covered calls yesterday between .75 and .80. After yesterday's 13f filing from Berkshire, I expected to get $1.30+, but I got what I could and am waiting for the next earnings release to see if good news makes the stock pop
I agree. I thought that we would see $62+ today at a minimum. On JUly 27 we were at $70 and now at $58 with good earnings + Buffet adding shares.
I have read your posts regarding Vale for a couple of years. I still hold my shares, but I am very disappointed in my returns. I fear that all the new supplies of IO coming into the market within the next 18 months will push IO62 down to $80/ton. I hope that I am wrong, but the market is basically pricing this type of pricing into Vale's current share price. Vale needs to diversify away from IO. I am only hoping to get $16 and am willing to hold until then
Now that Mr Buffet has increased his stake, can the analyst that posted all the negative talk about cash flow concerns just fade away. I'll take Buffet over any analyst
I can't wait for the FDA to approve Triferic. This is the 2nd time that an analyst has torpedoed this stock. I only hope that the analyst is not correct
Ever since we were at $70 on July 24, we went straight down to the upper 50's and have had trouble closing above $60. We are supposed to have a big order back log and projected growth rate in the teens. I live about 2 miles from their facility in The Woodlands and they have a huge construction program going on. I don't understand why we are not back to $70
Everyone, including you is waiting for Jan. approval of Triferic. There is not much to talk about until then, unless we got some news of a partnering arrangement
I am unable to roll my Aug 16 32 strike calls forward because PGN is attached to the old call. Is anyone else having the same problem?
For people that sell covered calls, NE1 includes Ne and PGN. For example, if you sold $32 calls for the underlying symbol NE and shares got called, you would have to deliver both NE and PGN shares. I read it in a footnote on the Schwab screen.
They added CBI to their Portfolio I on July 18. CBI was $67.83 at the time of publication and today it is $58..I subscribe to Value Line, but they got the timing wrong on this one