I'm painfully long and suggest people to short this pig today. I know damn well we will revisit 1.98 to 2.02 area again if not go even lower. Nice to see probably best pop this year but it will all fade by next week. Even though up on nice volume means nothing here at leapfrog where sentiment couldn't be any uglier and I don't see why it even popped today other than technical dead cat bounce? I see no news and don't expect sale of the company or good news coming. I'm tempted to sell but need 2.54 to break even. Probably would be smart to unload then reload at 52 wk low again but I can't pull the trigger with these types of loses. Hope I and other bagholders get better results in the coming months or year. LF is so bad these days. I hope we follow up strongly for acouple more days but I ain't holding my breath.
Piper Jaffray maintains a Neutral rating and $2.50 price target on LeapFrog (NYSE: LF) following the delay of LF's FQ1 report. Analyst Stephanie Wissink said that the delay creates room for speculation.
Wissink commented on LF, saying, "We are maintaining our Neutral rating and largely cautious view on LF shares. Fundamentally, we expect persistent weakness as the company's core namesake hardware business continues to mature, with growth rates having reversed and declines now accelerating. A delay in the FQ1 report further adds to concern and may signal forthcoming asset revaluation and the possibility of significant write-downs. We continue to believe that monetizing the value of the LeapFrog brand may best be suited for a strategic partner. But an alliance or take-out is not without significant risk, mainly due to the licensed nature of LeapFrog's software library. On balance, we are maintaining a discounted valuation construct, applying value to the sales base on a 0.55x basis - effectively giving credit to the brand equity, but not to any operating turnaround."
I'm at 2.53 which is prob about a year away best case senerio from here. I see no buyout and no good news whatsoever coming. Given their history, bounce backs and share prices over the years we should break even unless they finally go bankrupt. I don't want to hold anymore, don't have to much faith in management but hate to take a big loss right now. I don't blame others for finally throwing in the towel. I would join them right now if my paper loses weren't so great. With last 2 quarters so ugly management here is bad enough to kill off the company if this keeps up in my humble opinion.
"I see no reason to look into this and see a buyout. Given this lousy management's history of incompetence, this looks like just another delay tactic while they try to get their story straight. There is no reason why $3 million of long-lived assets should hold up a report that has already been delayed. This company is in scramble mode and has no plan whatsoever."
I'm a shareholder right now and as one I'm totally concerned and really don't want to be holding any longer. I see a very long painful road ahead and what scares me is first pre-announced earnings, then delayed earnings....what's next? Filing for bankruptcy? Yeah I know debt free blah blah blah but for how long? What's LF worth now in it's current state maybe $2.50 at best?
Last 3 years the share price has been easily 3 or 4 times higher but probably because of the tablet boom. Now can an android tablet or releasing their content on multiple paltforms turn things around alittle? Will they even do that or come up with some hot products? I don't like the leaptv system and game price points. I don't like the tablet game prices or life of the products either as the fad dies quickly all the time. We shall see but frustrated and very concerned shareholder here.
Rumors for buyout floating for 10 years here so I know buyout ain't coming plus they said last cc they weren't interested in selling LF so not sure what people are thinking around here plus this delay is just bad period.
Bull my guess is when I heard last cc they were just acting like business as usual. No real plan whatsoever and no desire to sell the company but who is going to buy it in this shape? I think they didn't grasp the dire situation here with the huge slow down in tablet sales and going forward with a hot product. I'm guessing maybe starting now with probably some serious dismal numbers they are seeing the writing on the wall with this delay. I'm not saying a turn around is coming but I think the situation here is very bad and we can all put bankruptcy on the table. I hope I am wrong.
I don't know how anyone could put a positive spin on this or think buyout coming??????
I expect some ugly numbers as well since Q4 was terrible. Q1 should be really bad too. They said last earnings call they weren't looking to sell the company so I don't see any chance whatsoever of partnership news. I would like them to sell or partner up the way things are going but they won't. The only very small little hope is that way down here all the bad stuff is priced in already but it wouldn't shock me to see the 1's at this point either. Historically way down here LF stock is super cheap going forward unless this is slowly the end as tablet sales dry up and they can't get anymore big hits out there.
Anyone see cashing in their million plus shares at a dollar or more years from now?