People here... wait till next Tuesday and listen what LG has to say about Q-4 earnings, BL mine and other non-core assets and Going forward Strategy. Then bash CEO if you are not happy with his presentation
Every thing will depend on what Q-4 earnings look like .. One more week to go. LG ,though said Q-4 was strong and if I believe him , they will exceed Est of $015 by Analysts.
image.. i think this time it will work out. LG said Q-4 was STRONG . That and Debt reduction will be powerful enough to take stock to $9 area. No one likes to see dividend being cut but it may be looked upon as positive if used for more. debt reduction. He may also have ,I hope , a positive announcement on BL mine's status during the CC. If all this happens , the stock will MOVE UP.
All that NOW LG has to do is to solve the F* BL mine issue ASAP and get the hell out of ECAN mines . Put it in BK and walk away with Minimum damage of some $100 mil to be amortized over 5 years. BL losses were adding up to some $150 mil every year.
Once the BL is gone their exposure to SB IO price is only about 15%.. ie. the revenue from APIO
Reduction in debt by $400 mil and Eliminating dividend is the 1st necessary shoe and Now LG has to
finalize BL mine outcome. If he cant sell it, He needs to put it in BK and hopefully announce it in the CC on Feb 3 . Once the final chapter on BL mine is closed as any losses from it will stop even though it is now in Care and Maintenance status and , CLf stock will move up fast. THIS IS A MUST DO NOW
What is your source or just some BS????????? I didn't find it in my search anywhere. IF CLF's EPS goes to $4 , the stock will NOT just double but quadruple.
surf.. CLF under Shorts attack only because LG has allowed them to. When he announced closing of BL, the stock shot up to over $9 as shorts got scared and then he put off the BK of BL to sale it to Can Gov backed outfit . But its Not happening and Shorts are back in control driving down the stock price. Will see what the roughian CEO has to say in Q-4 CC ..about a week from now.
nearly $170 mil (1.1x155 mil) and almost as much as what they got $175 mil from the sale of Logan mine. This stock will NOT go up Unless BL mine issue is resolved . Is it worth waiting for it? I say NO.
I can understand t SH would like to get some money out of BL by selling it but in this very low price IO
environment Sale is NOT likely unless Can Gov. buys it outright to save Canadian jobs. Since they have not done it so far , there is NO MORE Waiting .LG should place BL subsidiary in BK and walk away with minimum damage of some $100 mil that can be amortized over 5 year time. Once the finality of BL is known this stock will go up. Until the BL uncertainty is cleared the SHORTS will be controlling his stock.
When you are a small company with MKT Cap a little over a billion, this kinda loss in Mkt Cap is devastating What LG needs to understand and do is to raise the stock price and thus the Mkt Cap. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN TILL BL IS RESOLVED.
But who allows the Shorts to do it...the MNGT???LG hyped up about the sale of BL mine to Can Mine with help of Quebec Gov. and Shorts backed off and stock went up but NOTHING happened. Now Shorts are again at it.
Its all LG and CASA fault. When CASA wanted to take control of CLF Board , they said they will sell non-core assets very fast ONCE THEY GOT CONTROL OF THE BOARD AND MNGT, LG changed his tune and said has to sell then at the right price. What is right price Now when IO is @ $66 vs In September when it was $75 He should had sold APIO last year instead of waiting for a right price for around $500 mil that he would had gotten.
Then he said during Q-3 CC that that BL mine issue will be resolved by the end of Dec. 2014.... either with 30% equity partnership, or if fail to find partners, will close down and he talked about putting it in BK. He is wishy-washy on this and can't seem to resolve it. The reason stock went to $9 was that perhaps they found Quebec Gov help to find a Canadian buyer. But its NOT happening and WS and shorts begin aggressive
shorting again now.
It was LG who said he doesn't want any part of SB IO price but Analysts are lumping CLF along with Vale, RIO and BHP regardless. If he wants to punish Shorts and Analysts who are bashing CLF, he better do something right to screw them royally...like
Have a better Q-4 earning report .. by beating Est. of $0.15 and attractive CF to pay bills, dividend , debt and CAPEX
Have some answers to the resolution of BL mine ..like placing in BK if No prospects of selling to a Canadian
mine..during Q-4 CC.
Kirsch and Carrabba MNGT was bad but CASA and LG have done worse.. driving down $15 price last August to now $7.50.. 50 % loss in less than 6 months but kept bashing previous MNGT for 85% decline in stock price 3 years when they wanted the control of the company. I am just F* #$%$ at LG and his MNGT. They seem to have NO interest In SH value.
I watched it 3 times..bro.. Lot more fun than watching CLF stock
tanking and LG just keep talking w/o taking any concrete
actions he promised 5 months ago.Talk is cheap.
Surf..THX!! LG said he wants NO part of SB IO pricing in Q-3 CC ..and we have
little SB IO business with APIO. Now that BL is shut down , the rest of CLF's IO business is IN USA and Steel mills contracts are not up until 2017 for any changes.
LG during Q-3 CC said BL Mine issue will be resolved by the end of 2014 and its now overdue by 3 weeks w/o any resolution. Sell it or file BK. but get it done.
#$%$ is going on? LG better get on the ball . You just can't predict anything about this stock. May be earnings NOT going to be what Analysts have predicted of $0.15. and/or Quebec Gov. might be backing out BL mine.
You seem like a new person here. NOT Gonna waste anymore of my time on your silly post and unreliable CF numbers ...EOD!!
CS also has projected the CLF going to $1.. haha. I think you are all wet. Once they are out of BL mine, their CF will explode as APIO is still profitable and is on a sale block., and USIO has huge profit margins and contracts don't adjust for price till 2017. Eventually CLF will strictly be a US company and their Gross Margins per ton of IO are between $35 and $40. All they MUST DO is to resolve is the bloody BL mine
asset and they will be all set
Projected EBITDA will be close to $400MIL-$450NE. MIL per Value Line ..sufficient to pay dividend . They also are taking a big Charge for ECAN mines and will bring them Tax Refund. So I am NOT worried about the Cash Flow. WS just don't know how LG will resolve BL mine and don't like unknowns. I say Put it in BK , protect the parent company and GET IT DONE. The cost of putting it in BK can be as low as $100 mil.
Down 10% now. .. absolutely no stability or credibility. LG is wishy- washy and needs to finalize BL mine and make a statement before CC date on its Fate. Until BL is settled , this Stock will go up and down like a YOYO!!