Good days ahead. Utilization rate 80% all time high, day rate is higher and higher. International fleet has long term contracts..... what are we worrying about?
" The full production design throughput rate for the mill is 2,750 tonnes per hour."
is it a typo? really 2750 tons in an hour?
I reviewed the news, it is not a typo....
2750 tons/hour of mined material will turn into ??? tons of saleable concentrate, that is the answer we do not know.
Go to company website, look for presentation, 40 short pages, very good read. Day rate is up and up, length of contract are longer, interest for capital is lowered, supply/demand is great, back log strong, rigs are renewed ..... that translated to STRONG earnings ahead.
$15 before Jan-30-2014, mark my prediction.
@gt we already know from concentrated stock = 30 gram Au and 25% Cu... My question is how many tons of RAW material to extract into 1 ton of Concentrated stock?
This is a wrong question really. Why are you strong buy and have no answer?
I see values in COCO, and other for profit stocks. There are lots of negative factors in FP schools for many years, it is now well understood that FP business is in trouble. But I do not agree that the business model will disappear either. The business may shrink from today's level. But many schools can and will adjust to the shrinking business and make money from their services.
So at $300M market value, $1.6B revenue breaking even or small loss. Say it will bottom at $1B revenue some day and make money. What the stock price will be? I hope it answers you question. I am HOLD, not selling either, may add a bit to touch my allocation limits.
Politics play a big part in FP schools. Yes it is bad. Otherwise you can not buy it at $2, nor $2.5
At least investors are not reacting to the law suit which will bring very little damage to earning except it will distract the management.
I hope the 13% holding with Wells Fargo still stay. And many more 2% to 5% institution holder will support this name long terms.
If you check the short 27% (23M shares) along with other float held by institution etc.... you wonder now many retain investors are out there like me (us) ? It is amusing , It is way way over short..... what, can we really go down to $1 to let the short gain a profit? What the hell the shorts are thinking? or they know something I don't?
I did a bit research visiting some of the schools locally, (not too data driven) and there are reasons to believe that the enrollment is bottoming out, more graduates will find job if our economy is keeping a slow growth path instead of sinking.
As long as both parties realize education is important for our economy, and public schools along does not fill the requirements, and secondary education, FP schools are not evil, and be willing to set up some good rules and regulations to control them, but not choke them to dead (which does not serve any purpose). Then I think we will be back to business. The business model is valid, Heald for example were started way back 1863! It is a valid business to serve a small education sector... it always have been.
Let's see what the current quarter result is (currently Q1 2014 ended Sep 30th, will be announced, Nov 5th 2013)... and we can listen to the management conference call..... and hear what Wells Fargo 13% owner has to say and query the management. $2.5 is too low a target.
As much as we investors and analysts know everything about the law suit, students attending the school or the potential new students has NO idea what is going on. No one really check a school in the way we check it. The impact is minimum. In fact coco should NOT use those seals etc anyway, it does not make any difference. Right now, the issue is really due to the economy.... otherwise students will find job and will pay down their loans, coco will make profit.
the question is, economy in 1-2 years any good? I think it will not tank, it will remain slow growth. coco chart kinds of show some support. Open down today, but came right back up.
I am nervous, it will not go up as fast as you wish. There is no news, only a value-buy support here. It needs some very good news to bring it up. Maybe the quarter will be good, loss 5 cents will make my day. May even beat that, a company this size has a lot of accounting/tax strategy it can employ.
high volume, higher price, no news ... good support. It seems that investors had factored in all the negatives to evaluate coco at $2-ish, or maybe someone knows the result will be good.
I like the move, strong volume up. But it is a bit surprised by the quick move. I do agree, all days before earning could be up.
Based on other FP schools action today, maybe this whole sector is bottoming, and going up soon.
Of all the things I do with FP school, I never have CECO ..... now they sold 2 international schools to a private investor firm for $305M .... AH trading at 53% jump!
COCO has equity and cash position, hopefully we do not have to sell anything.... we have good balance sheet.
My God, Quickkeep, you are right, Thursday AH trade high is $2.69 !!! you make your 2.5 target ahead of time..
Maybe investors look at CECO and re-evaluate COCO's equity and student enrollment etc. Also CECO settled the NY law suites $10M-ish, so yes it is bothering from law suits, but it is a smaller damage over 1-2 years. a pain, but it is OK.
Anyway, what comes tomorrow? we will find out.
In addition, how much it is worth for the rest of the schools.
I do not know much of CECO, the website shows 95 schools in 23 states and 5 countries... so after munis 2 = 93 schools
How much 93 remaining school worth???
AH is now $6 for CECO, $2.5 for COCO. Can't wait until tomorrow!
CECO had more cash to weather the regulation issues, now they even have more cash after this.
I still like the COCO story better.... We don't know when, the politician will be tired of the Obama Care, Debt Ceiling, .... and begin to realize whoever start the For-Education tune could win some political revenue, then the FP schools can turn the corner.
This good weeks we have is just because analysts realized the evaluation on FP schools are too low. And for which we might match CECO's price any day now, give it 30 days.
I hope Nov 5th have a small loss, then we will ramp up pass $5 easily.