180K buy (or cover) at the close
tic-tock, tic-tock... time's running out boys and you know this belongs back above $15
we can do this the easy way... or the squeezy way
Unless the Bio's 180 on us again I'll most likely flip 1K once I reach my profit target and hold the rest long term. I like to keep enough cash in my accounts for buying opportunities and I don't believe in being 100% invested... ever.
trust me... it wasn't easy pulling the trigger on that buy but I sat and waited for $20 for weeks, didn't like the trend line with IBB/XBI and waited for $19, $18, $17... then watched it dip to $16 so got my limit order ready and just sat there watching to see how low it could go. when it dipped hard and hit the bottom, then plateaued momentarily I placed my order. the next few hours yesterday were exciting but really nerve wracking after all we've been going through. my IRA acct sure looked a little rosier at the close than it did at the start of the day.
in other good news today... someone bought or covered 100K+ XBI this morning at 10:18am and there were also some nice large green bars for IBB as well. it may just be covering or maybe the big boys are actually buying again... we'll see what happens tomorrow although this whole Google thing is overblown and it'll probably f'up one days gains and some stability in the markets.
next week... especially during Monday/Tuesday is going to set the tone for Bio's leading into summer.
OK I'll fess up... I haven't sold the 3K $15.88 ACAD's I picked up yesterday. I almost did at the close yesterday and again twice this morning. I do have some stops set though... which I rarely do. I just couldn't refuse buying that whip on that dip but didn't want to say anything in case I had to unload them quickly. You know how sensitive gasp is. LOL!!!
looks like we've got ourselves a Mexican stand off at $13.90
I'm almost certain one of our favorite bashers here on the KERX m/b we know as spillthewine is Michael Kovar.... the person who wrote the prior hit piece from Suck Mahtoesnow for Seeking Alpha. Their bullet points since spill came here late last fall are nearly identical. Maybe Iceman is Scott? Will Rebecca marry Jeremy, will Veronica tell Adam that she's carrying Billy's baby? Stay tuned for this and more at 'As The Keryx Turns'.
because he and one of his little monkeys did a short hit piece in reeking alpo a while back when we were at $17 and he and his little monkey want to see it under $13
I'd like to meet Scott personally some time... so I could 'shake' his hand.
the contrarian in me would love to see a bunch of naïve new retail shorts get fleeced on a short squeeze here... maybe we should welcome them with open arms? you know at some point the big boys are going to start covering their positions... and when they do "oh lawdy wills we haves us some fun wit da bahr trap"...
While I was in the hospital a close family member of mine who is a retired exec. from an large-cap pharma company were talking about this scenario. His take on the situation for us agrees with my own which I have pointed out time and time again here is to look at who stands to lose the most market share (revenue) in the space if Zerenex is highly successful. I believe Genzyme/Sanofi stands to lose the most and if we are given approval for CKD then the probability of an even greater market share is that much more. Call it coincidence, a conspiracy theory or whatever you like but the vast majority of hires at Keryx in the past year have been former Genzyme employees. It's my belief that once Zerenex is approved, once we have EU approval that Genzyme/Sanofi will buy out Keryx. They have all the right people on staff to transfer this straight over to Genzyme which can hit the ground running doing things the 'Genzyme Way'.
I could be completely wrong but when the person I trust the most about big pharma dealings, that has been part of many M&A's and that has no stake in the game agrees with me... I feel confident enough to say so publicly.
Or... we'll go it alone. Either way we have a winner.
Have you picked up any extras yet Ocker? I've been itching to pick up another block at these levels... especially yesterday but can't commit. Something tells me they won't let their foot off our neck until they get us under $13 for a day. This said... when the covering begins and the buying kicks in it should explode quickly because the retail shorts can't act as quickly as the big boys... in other words I'm predicting a short squeeze at some point. Trouble is this... if the big boys quietly cover with 5, 10, 15K buys we won't get a squeeze. I'm constantly watching for one of those nice big 100K+ buy indicators which is typically my trigger to add.