It probably will now that I sold out. Took a quick 25% loss in 10 days. Schwab took the rating off of NOR. It was a "B", Buy until today.
Thanks Scwab....for nothing.
I think NOR is going bankrupt for what it's worth.
It's going to a dime over the next yr. It will be delisted.
Anybody here own it in a taxable account? Are they qualified dividends or not?
I'm trying to decide which account to own it in. If they're qualified I have the option of the lower tax rate in a taxable account.
Thanks in advance.
It's not going to be bought out for $2 or $3.
The way you get back to $2 is they find a way to restructure and perhaps sell an asset that gives the company a floor.
Right now the market is pricing NOR as though it's going to die.
It is not profitable. It just eliminated its paltry dividend. They are looking at strategic alternatives. Hopefully that means restructuring their massive debt and selling some assets. The one thing this company has is physical plants and manufacturing assets that might be worth something to a buyer.
Hopefully management is not considering bankruptcy in order to save their own jobs and......those of the employees. In bankruptcy everything goes on. The company operates and the employees and management get paid. Just the shareholders get zapped.
Hopefully the stock doesn't go down another 10%+ today.
I just bought last week at $1.27. I should have sold yesterday on the bounce, but I thought the funding news might see some follow through today. Wrong. Now it's lower than before the financing news broke. Now I'm thinking I got to get lucky. Reverse split talk is always a killer. No company considering a RS does well in my experience.
The problem with a buyout is the debt. Yeah, the market cap is cheap, but a buyer has to assume hundreds of millions of debt. The bauxite feud/taxes with Jamaica can literally kill the company. As far as Jamaica is concerned someone other than NOR will pay them what they want so why make a deal? That issue is on hold for now but it's far from settled.
The energy supply issue is not going to hurt for a couple 3 yrs. but they have to negotiate another one. Time? when? How much more? Again uncertainty.
The price is so cheap now I suspect no big hitter will want anything to do with NOR. Best hope is a private equity house takes a stab, but the Apollo (that's their name right?) Group just sold out. So why would someone else?
I'm guessing NOR is heading to lower lows and eventual bankruptcy. Sheesh I hard Schwab. They had if rated a "B".....buy. Looks like they're wrong again. They have it rated a "C" hold thus week.
I don't own many bonds. I'm mostly an income investor. I don't own any individual utilities, unless you call T a utility. BUI meets my income needs in the utility sector without owning any one stock. The 12% discount to NAV with nerarly an 8% payout is compelling. Unless they can't keep the payout where it is I'll just keep holding. In several years I'll have dripped enough dividends that I'll have a nifty little monthly income stream. GLTU.
Not true. BUI writes options on their holdings. Approximately 30% of the .121 cent monthly distribution is short term capital gains from the leveraging of their holdings. It's all disclosed. They collect dividends, they buy and sell shares and write call options. They do not short stocks.
So it's about 8 cents in pure dividends and 4 cents in STCG. In a a tax deferred account there is no tax implications. I've been DRIPing my monthly distribution from the day I bought BUI. It currently sells for almost 12% below its NAV. The monthly income is very reliable. Right now is a good time to add. Compelling buy for conservative income investors.
My guess is they're just stretching this out until another miner buys them out then it gets mined. I have a small investment here. Just a long term calm option on this thing hitting the jackpot. I'm not sell g or buying more.