Well, Its been around three weeks since my first post about this stock, and it has met all of my expectations and then some. It continues to tank like a dead dog. So, I'll continue to sit here and ponder my navel until that time I can gather my courage and sell this pathetic puppy for a loss. Don't want to do it, but what else can I do? It sucked me in. OK. It only hurts when I think about it. Checking out now. Will try to pretend this stock does'nt exist for a few days and then decide if I have the courage to sell and take my spanking. I must have offended the investing gods or something.
Can I deduce from this that she is as bad an investor as she is a manager? Both endeavors seem to be going south.
Oh boy. It aint the divvy anymore. Granted, that's bad. But its the share price. That is a disaster. All the Fed has to do is mention the word taper, and the share price drops 2 or 3%. They don't even have to do anything. This has been going on for months. Forget the divvy. Your haircut is coming with the price of the stock.
Also, when they do start to taper, it will be in bonds and not mortgage backed securities. Would that not help REIT stocks?
Natasha, I think you're right. I'm holding for now. Who knows? Maybe we'll become America's next two millionaires. You have a good one.
Yea. But it keeps looking for that support around $42. Has a lot of trouble going past and holding $44. The chart looks like a nervous breakdown.
Everything about it looks good. It shows tremendous progress, Voted top in class in just about all categories. Perfect work place for employees. Nothing but positive news. But then it tanks. I don't get it. Anybody have some thoughts?
Good point. Actually, both investments as they stand were pretty good.
Take advantage of higher interest rates? Is that what you're thinking? Well, like you say, now is the time for a good entry point. Let me know how it works out.
Riv, he might be like me. I don't do puts and calls. I just buy and sell the stock. I try to be careful with my trades, and so far I'm doing OK, but I never took the time to learn any trading beyond that. I stick to high quality and dividend paying companies like JNJ, BMY MCD, UNP etc. That's why I picked up some REITs like NLY. But it didn't take me long to see the winds change with those companies. Waited longer than I should to sell but the dividends softened the blow a little. I do hope other NLY share holders don't get hurt. I suspect this stock is going a lot lower. Good luck trading.
Jack, that's pretty bold. Lots of head winds out their for REITs. I personally would not sink $42,000 into NLY at this time. When they announce they are lowering the dividend again, and they will in a month or so, the share price will tumble. Why put yourself at that kind of risk? Too much gamble for me.
Well, tell her to sell NLY now and buy Verizon & ATT. She'll be better off than watching it shrink further.
Mike, some people can look at a weed and see a rose. Does'nt make them bad or foolish. They can be very good people and at the same time not recognize reality. Right now, NLY is in a very bad place, and retail investors have to make some hard and serious decisions. Given present circumstances, this stock is between a rock and a hard place. It might be prudent to sell and weather the storm until we can get a better picture as to where the share price is going. You can always buy it back at a later date if it looks like its stabilizing. Right now, its very possible you can get hurt by holding this stock. Good luck investing.
I've been reducing my shares for the last month or so. Will continue on that course. I don't like what I saw today.