very positive development whose impact will take a bit more time to be recognized. first these transactions need to close. then the partner needs to file inside ownership form. filing of this form will put company on radar screen of investors interested in depressed prices with insider buying. this strategy has worked out very well for me.
showing surprising strength given its poor financial performance. not sure whether its end of tax selling, expectations of better times. i couldnt resist but add a little during last week. i'd love to see it below a buck but am as skeptical about that as I am about their future. comments?
agreement requires Japanese company to buy stock at 30% premium to 20d MA once ANTH provides notice. $7M by end of January and $8M over next 2 yrs.
has just served notice requiring Japanese partner to buy $7M of stock at $2.50 (30% premium to avg of previous 20 days) and $1M of stock to Amgen. date of closing to be finalized. next steps - closing of transaction, insider ownership filing by Japanese partner. I believe the latter should trigger runup. Longer term I think this is the next PCYC if drug is successful with at least 20 bagger potential from current level over time.
great find! this is the first part $7M) of the offering to Japanese partner which provides cash at minimum dilution. The second part is done very slowly ($8M done quarterly over 2 yrs). I believe it also makes Japanese partner largest shareholder in company.. this is very positve event imo
I am pleased with Japanese deal. I cant help but wonder why they are waiting to issue first batch of stock. Since it is based on average of last 20 days plus premium, why not issue stock immediately? Unless they are wait for much higher prices triggered by release of interim analyses of Bright-SC and Chablis-SC trials? Unfilled gap between low 30s and upper 40s.
its a multiday trading vehicle which actually offers some protection against swoons. best to buy when it is near or has made new lows and hold for several days for 50%+ gains.
agree. another possibility is delisting. during CC they were not against it and hinted at cost savings. ironically their main criteria about whether to delist or not was not shareholder interest - instead it was customer reaction.