Given DNDN was laying off only 160 or so, and claiming to save 120M or so, I wonder if there reduction in COGS percentage is predicated on increasing sales? Not that I have a problem with that, they need increasing revenue. Also, this information will not be known until Feb (for qtr4) and May for Qtr1. It is not a lie to say increasing bookings, but these are not put into a revenue column until procedure(s) have been performed. Any thoughts?
No problem. Anyone who knows of Huber should be real happy, no matter how many times it is posted. Besides, I got it from IVB, Butterfly_wings. GLTU.
Go to the IVB board for DNDN. Msg 461754 by butterfly_wings titled:
Marie L Huber SEC Nov 30th 2013 Update
Misrepresentation: In the Matter of Marie L. Huber, Adm. Proc. File No. 3-15629 (Nov. 27, 2013) is a proceeding which names as Respondents, Marie Huber, an analyst at Hedge Fund A, and Jess Jones, an analyst at Hedge Fund B. The proceeding centers on statements made regarding the cancer drug Provenge, a product of Dendreon Corporation. On April 29, 2010 the FDA approved the use of Provenge for late state prostate cancer. Ms. Huber did an analysis of the drug and concluded that it kills. She prepared a draft report which was shared with her fund, Mr. Jones and others. Ms. Huber then purchased out of the money Dendreon put options. Although she urged her employer to release the draft, the firm did not. Subsequently, the Responents prepared distributed the report to several hundred people including those in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. The report was distributed through a gmail account in the name of Jonathan White. It was signed by “A concerned physician, scientist and citizen.” Following distribution on the evening of July 14, 2010 the share price dropped, closing down on July 15 by 7.2%. That day Ms. Huber sold part of her option holdings but still suffered significant trading losses because most of her positions remained unsold or unexercised since they were so far out of the money. Ms. Huber later told her employer there had been a “leak” of the report. The Order claims that the signature on the e-mails was a false statement. It alleges a violation of Securities Act Section 17(a)(2). To resolve the proceeding each Respondent consented to the entry of a cease and desist order based on the Section cited in the Order. In addition, each Respondent will pay a fine of $25,000.
I hope that they can get the burn rate down to that, BUT, they have said it before and didn't actually achieve it. Also, I am not sure how downsizing 150 people (or so) will save 120M a year in money. That has been said, and I do not know how to make that add up (but it might, you would think they could get that figured out). It sure is hard to trust JJ and friends as they have done nothing but disappoint since he got in charge. IMHO &GLTU.
It's a good thing we are a procedure/process/therapy so to escape this. But, I would think that this pricing would either kill new drug discovery (think Alzheimers, or Alzheimers) for age related disease, or it will not be as onerous for new drugs). If it were, the drugs companies will start charging much more initially. Who knows. Also, if it actually happens, most of Dendreon's potential cancer therapies, will not be treated as a drug (doesn't that make us more valuable?). GLTU.
Actually, lions would be too quick. How about a pack of African hyenas or slower still African dogs.
I am with you in principal, but. If you hold paper stock certificates, you can't sell them quickly (because you are holding them) in case of a large spike up in PPS (short squeeze, hopefully). I have heard that if you put in an "good until filled" order with your broker to sell when the price gets to $XX (where xx is what you will take), that the broker will not use your shares to lend to shorts. YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOUR BROKER before depending on this advice. Personally, my broker has asked me to lend out my shares, but I have declined. I figure if they are asking me to use them in this way, they have not done so arbitrarily without my permission. GLTU.
quick go to IVB and look for post 461503 from Vanya. It is a link to a presentation on immunotherapy by dendreon. good info. I would post the link, but you know, this is yahoo mb, where that is a sin.
The best case for a buyout isn't the actual price. If the price is high enough (15-20?), it would force a short covering, and may force the PPS much higher than the amount being offered. Think Volkswagon a few years back. That stock increased 500% from where it was, but it was for a very short period. One has to be ready for it, or maybe set a very high limit order and pray like crazy it will be hit. JMHO.
You could go to the SEC website, around the middle of the page on the right there is a button to submit a complaint, if you had the stones to do it. Well, do you?
Hello Jupiter. I think that many patients pass through our label, uncaught. If we could catch more of them, I think we would be fine. We need to break the trend of lower revenues. We have the survival statistics, we have DTC ads, we need more Uro outreach (somehow). We need to find out if there is any part of the process that we need to address (do we have enough sires for apheresis as example). I hope EU will go better as far as roll out. We have a problem with the caliber of our management. I am not sure JJ has the same sense of urgency that he should. We have to get PPS up to a reasonable value if we have to do a secondary. We should refinance a portion and have a secondary for another part. I would rather have a secondary when PPS is 15 then were it is now. Current COGS is totally bogus as it is more a function of the overbuilding done by Gold, then the actual process itself. IMHO. GLTU Jupiter.
It is not really late stage is it, when it is approved prior to chemotherapy use? The reason it is in the position it is, is that is the parameters used when the trial was designed. It proved that it had a survival advantage over the placebo, and it was approved by the FDA. True, it is better to use it earlier. If you have read the EU paper, they allowed for the post approval quartile psa analysis, which clearly shows the benefit of earlier use. So, I am glad you have sold your shares and will be leaving here, as you have nothing further to add.
He doesn't understand where babies come from either. But, what do you expect from a nutless wonder. At least there will not be anymore with his gene pool around. imho.
OK, if he is saying that shorting is the way to go (and I don't know as I didn't read it), but, just saying that if he is suggesting shorting, you don't need much for that, just the cost of borrowing the shares from your broker. He could get that from the money he will receive from shorting and doesn't have to come up with it now. So, you are right he is full of BS. IMO.
If in fact they achieve profitability soon, this would give the PPS a chance to come up, which it would. Then if the EU works out and sales go up there as well, I would think a secondary offering for a portion of the debt, and refinancing the remainder would be the best strategy. IMO.
You need to be on the POZN board, or any other board. You haven't posted much at all about DNDN,which makes me believe you and this ID are nothing but a shill for someone. Bye.
That may mean more work going on (if more workers there). Let me caution this, work on the blood product must begin 18 hrs after it is taken from the patient. This means that it should be started as soon as the courier gets it from the airport/truck and goes to the DNDN plant. This means that two shifts are pretty much required, even if they are only partially being utilized. But keep up the observations, in particular the number of cars in the lot (both day and night counts are important). GLTU balrj1260.