10. Science Thinks Humans are Special
9. It Casts Out Heretics and Persecutes all Other Religions
8. Science Reveres Its Own Saints
7. Science Makes up Stories to Explain Our Origins
6. Science Has Its Own Code of Ethics
5. Science Has Its Own Priesthood
4. Science is Based on Established Dogmas-Ever wonder how for centuries, the best doctors could insist on blood-letting as a cure – without ever noticing that their patients did worse? The answer: belief in blood-letting was part of the scientific dogma at the time.Anything contradicting this dogma is simply rejected and ignored, or ridiculed for as long as possible. Science thus has the trappings of a full blown religion.
3. Science Will Bend to Accommodate Modern Trends-...Instead I will use the scientific approach to homosexuality. It was included in the list of personality disorders of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSM) up to its 1973 edition. It was then removed – only to be replaced a year later by a close variant, before being removed entirely in 1986. Upon what evidence rested the changing decisions to include or exclude homosexuality among mental disorders? Public sentiment, backed by convenient “empirical evidence”, played a leading role.
2. Most of Science is Unfounded-Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Quantum Strings and Ego – Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Quantum Strings and Ego – all of them sound like plausible stories. But can anyone point out the Ego locus in a dissected brain? Or use the concept of Dark Energy for anything besides helping to explain the expanding universe – another scientific theory? There is no actual proof for any of these theories. That’s right – we have no proof for the existence of 96% of what science thinks the universe is made of – and yet the theories explaining it (we call them theories to avoid calling them stories) we hold to be true. Why? you ask. Because we have faith – which brings me to my final point.
1. Science Requires Faith
Absolutely. Both adherents of radical islam and radical atheism will try to suppress and silence any one who disagrees with their beliefs.
Priests are catholics and are predominately located in the northeast and midwest. The south is full of protestants who do not have the same restrictions on marriage as Catholics. Nice try Veg.
Very few people understand sciences limitations. The other 99% unconsciously use it to fill the religious gap in their lives. Pud is included in this category.
Why don't you religious fanatics put a carbon cap on those volcanoes and fine them for emitting CO2? It's damaging the Earth according to your religious dogma, remember?
Agreed 100%. A great deal of science, especially the big theories such as evolution, man made climate change and the big ban theory, are simply theories and lack any concrete evidence and cannot be proven. Yet, people like Pud will call you a herectic and call you ignorant if you do not show blind faith (and that's all he's showing) and adherence to them.
Science is historically full of hypocrisies and I listed a few from the article I pulled in the opening post. Others include the theory that the Earth is flat (non believers were ridiculed) and the sun at the center of the universe (again, others were ridiculed). Those theories were much easier to prove while others, such as the origin or man and the big bang theory (probably man made global warming too) are literally impossible to ever prove and will always rely on blind faith from devotees like Pud.
LOL! You clown. We show you the falsifiability of man made climate change every day and you double down and believe in it despite never showing any concrete evidence. That's a meaningless claim dummy.
What is the difference between claiming God created the Earth and claiming Earth was created from a big bang? For a scientist like you, aren't they both theories? You have nothing.
Why do you believe being Christian makes you invulnerable to accidents and disasters? Jesus himself warns of Earthquakes, famine, pestilence, wars, deceivers, etc. You are just an ignorant clown.
You know nothing and shouldn't bother talking about religion as it only exposes your ignorance.
I don't have to even read your whole paragraph. What about the most counterproductive extremism of all time? Liberalism? The biggest liberal state of all time, the USSR, has been set back nearly a CENTURY due to communism.
If whacko environmental left-wing nut jobs like Pud got their way, we would no longer be driving, would have no electricity, heat or air conditioning or virtually any technology to speak of. It doesn't get any more stifling than that.
You don't believe in the bible, remember? Therefore, you can't cherry pick which parts you agree with just to prove your insane points.
What do you stand for if you believe in nothing? I'm generally curious. What do you consider to be your purpose or mission in life?
So you live a miserable existence. Just as everyone here suspected. Thanks for admitting it.
Montgomery County, MD is a liberal cesspool. It was once the richest county in the US and has slipped dramatically the past decade or so. I work in that area and took Montrose Blvd. a few weeks ago since the Beltway was a mess. Most of the kids waiting for the bus were illegal immigrants. It stays that way until you travel west of 355.