Sprint owned spectrum, a unique product that nobody else can use in their territories, and had millions of customers paying them continuously. AMD owns nothing anyone wants.
Haha. You had an ugly haircut on Friday.
Missing decimal point aside, Bankruptcy is AMD's only option at this point.
It utterly failed to find a transformative technology to build a moat around itself, and now it's just another hobo trying to wipe windshields with a greasy rag. The only product segment it dominates is console game chips, and game designers are starting to say they won't even develop for consoles because the new generation started out behind PCs and are dropping further and further back all the time.
AMD's window is closed. One tiny bit of negative guidance and it tanked 20% overnight. It can crash another 50-80% in a day when management starts sweating when asked about bankruptcy.
"The market — motorists who are within a full-tank of gas from Atlantic City — is worth about $6 billion, said Israel Posner, executive director of the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality and Tourism at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey."
It's actually worth less than $3 billion. But at least we know who to blame for all the overinvestment. People who can't add.
The only question remaining is how this will affect Chris Christie. You know he'd be claiming to be the son of god if revenues were up 10%. Now that they're plummeting he's nowhere to be seen (and that's hard to do).
It tells me that AMD can gain revs by 24% and still find a way to lose money.
You are being scammed. Sell out while you still have something to sell. Go short. You won't have to cover.
It's been stone cold dead for years.
Red like blood.
Keep looking. You'll find the other 11,000 things wrong with this company.
I'm still shorting.
Zack's doesn't even do its own research. It aggregates others' analyses and then picks a side. So it amplifies all the stupid that this company has created with its surrealistic PR.
AMD needs to be slapped into a bankruptcy court by its own shareholders. Get them out of their misery.
AMD isn't worth anything. There's nothing of value to take private. People only keep good companies private. It's the dreck that gets sold to the public.
AMD will be sent through bankruptcy to get rid of the debt and the deadbeat shareholders (you clowns are over $6 billion in the red, you're just too stupid to realize it).
And even then I don't see a business model. Spin off server and gaming? Sell the graphics IP to Intel?
The ARM debacle is going to kill AMD. Late and lame and hot and expensive to manufacture because some idiot thought welding an x86 and an ARM together was a good idea. It should be code-named "Edsel".
AMD is doing it again. And I am profiting from its lies again. I don't even have to pump. This stock pumps itself.
I will never have to cover.
Asian markets laughed it off, and American markets followed suit. Sheldon had explanations for the ersatz earnings miss. Those who panicked and dumped in AH got reamed.
Both. For different reasons. But mostly because they're both exposed to the vast waterfall of money in Macau.
Your money, longs. Your physical money went in our physical pockets. And here's the key: it will never have to come back out again. You bought at a premium and you will sell at a lower premium, because this company is worthless and 100% of its price is inflated expectations of ROI that will never come.
I will never have to cover.
The AH market acted as if LVS's actual numbers, let alone the estimates were inflated. It will be interesting to see if the Asian markets follow along overnight, or laugh it off.
AMD is expert at running away and leaving its shareholders holding the losses.
AMD is being beaten to 64-bit ARM by every other company in the business.
And those yokels who think that there's a significant market for an x86/ARM dual-mode chip are out of their minds. 99% of the market are happy to abandon old software or use an emulator or ported copy. The other 1% are happy to be unhappy about having to choose. And the power and development and production costs for those chips are going to be through the roof.
AMD is making its new chips way too expensive to fab, test, or run. They certainly aren't going to be a profit center of any note.