Well it wasn't a popular call on this MB but it was a whole lot closer than Dell repeatedly forecasting $13 by earnings announcement and $20 by this time next year. You might get $8 and I'll be backing up the truck with you.
Hi Walle ... got my price now and am long. If it drops more (and I think it will) I'll add. MBI is just following the market now .. hope it finds some upward direction soon.
It is not about the dime (actually its is almost 3 dimes); it is about time. My guess is that the stock needs to go sub 9.10 before it rallies. That seems to me to be where the buying will begin again. I'm sure you'll make money at 9.38 and there is a 50/50 chance you'll make more than me.
I might miss the ride up but I'm waiting for something less than $9.10 and average down if the decline continues. But with some reasonable news I'd go all in long. JMHO
I don't invest in MBI: I trade it. I've been short since $10.13 since it broke down it's trading range at that point.
I'm about to go long again (below 9.10) and hold until the dividend is paid. If there is no news after the dividend is paid I'll consider shorting it again ... but who knows what might happen before that.
You don't make any sense. You tell everyone you are a long term investor and all of a sudden you think you can time the market. Just tell the truth Dell.
That isn't logical. IF the stock price is manipulated as you say, what makes you think the stock will be allowed to achieve the values you believe over the long run? It's like playing a game you know is rigged to the benefit of others and not you. Did you fall in love with a manipulated stock and just can't help yourself?
I have two types of portfolios ... one for investments and the other for trading.
In my investment portfolio I own no shares of MBI. In my opinion MBIA is a broken company that has only managed to survive as of 2014. The pps is still looking for direction and there are as many reasons to stay away from this company as there are to buy. I wouldn't add this company to my investment portfolio until it demonstrated some reason (dividends, 12 mos of price appreciation etc.) other than speculation. I'm not willing to wait 3,4 or 5 years because there is no guarantee that will ever reach $25 or $75 and I don't want to miss investment appreciation of solid stocks that are currently appreciating with some level of confidence. I'm not greedy and don't mind missing some major move up in MBIA ... I'd rather own it at $25 knowing they had their act together than at $10 hoping they get their act together and are appreciated by WS.
I have fun trading so I have a trading account in which one stock I own is MBIA. I like MBI because the gaps up and down are generous, recognizable and will last over a few days. In this account I don't mind being long, short or on margin. I've had luck trading this MBIA.
Maybe you just have a suspicious mind and the market is just acting like a market. Not sure how you can jump to the "manipulation" conclusion all the time without any evidence. And if you really believe that this stock is manipulated every month then why would you invest in it? Most people don't stay when they know the game is fixed.
Hi wallellaw ... I guess the point I was trying to make with the original poster was that you can go wrong buying a stock which is significantly below book value. At $14 you could have lost over $4 dollars stock value by now even though the company had a very high book value. As far as the rest of your comments/questions go I guess buying at $10 now sounds good as long as it matches your investment strategy. GL.
Looked more like a bear attack to me. Took 15 minutes and $10 million to drive the price down 60 cents. They'll be back until there is good news.