You do the math...royalty revenues are 100% margin. DSS has 42 million O/S shares.
- DSS owns several patents (Bascom Patents) that are believed to be the foundation of social networks as we know them now.
- DSS filed in 2012 patent-infringement lawsuits against several companies including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Three companies have already settled with DSS. Broadvision and Jive Software will pay 4% to 5% royalties to DSS for the use of the Bascom patents.
- In conservative 2012 Facebook revenues of $5.1 billion 4% and 5% royalty rates fro DSS would amount to about $204 million and $254 million respectively. From public information 60% goes to DSS and the rest to the inventor/lawyer.
- DSS contends that Facebook & LinkedIn should pay from years they've used the technology until the patents expire in 2022.
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California has set the Markman hearing date for February 26, 2014 for DSS, Inc. v. Facebook, Inc., and LinkedIn, Corp
- Kramer Levin, the lawfirm representing DSS against Facebook and LinkeIn and others was named the 2014 Benchmark Litigation Top Tier of New York Litigation Firm (11/12/2013). Kramer Levin works on a contingency basis.
- DSS has a fast growing core business consisting of cloud-based and conventional high-technology suite of products for document securtity and counterfeiting. It's product offerings are growing rapidly.
- DSS patent portfolio was valued at $30 Million
DSS owns a patent portfolio of six patents and four pending patent applications relating to technology invented by Thomas Bascom (the "Bascom Patents" - valid through 2022). DSS asserts that the Bascom Patents form the underlying architecture for the explosion of social networks by enabling users to link, search and provide selective access to information. These features are basic and fundamental for the frameworks that operates Facebook (FB), LinkedIn (LNKD), etc
This week's Seekingalpha article compares ATEA to DWCH before it went from $3 to $30. ATEA has seen an exponential increase in interest for its cloud-delivery mode of its software for service life-cycle management and mobility solutions.
ATEA has recently released the most advanced software solution in the industry and has partnered with global IT/Software giants Wipro and Capgemini. ATEA's market cap is only $10M and it's trading at 0.5 X sales compared to DWCH's 7++.
Excerpts of Seekingalpha article: ATEA -A Stock Under $3 Poised To Climb Higher
ATEA has positioned itself for potentially significant growth through a recent convergence of the following positive developments: 1) a significant uptick in cloud software as a service wins - a trend that is expected to continue, 2) an increase in its backlog for professional services, 3) the recent announcement of a major software release, and 4) numerous recent announcements of sales and marketing alliances with large global firms.
The company appears ready to capitalize on a significant recent interest for the company's SaaS delivery model. Last quarter ATEA reported that that number of cloud users increased by 587% compared to the prior quarter. Monthly contracted recurring revenue increased 245% quarter to quarter. Last year at this time, the company did not have any cloud subscribers.
Zack Bergreen, founder/CEO of ATEA stated recently, "We've optimized our business both strategically and operationally, to better adapt to the increasing customer adoption of the cloud SaaS business model, and as a result, these actions we are now well positioned for growth and increased revenues. We are seeing an increase in the number of sizable companies, around the world, that are interested in our robust service management solution. In addition to this positive trend, our professional services backlog is growing. Accordingly, we are confident that we will return to profitability by the end of the year"
I bought some at 69c on a partial fill but my goal is to double up before the end of the day.
I expect a huge gap up to tomorrow morning and after earnings tomorrow afternoon
WATCH AND LEARN
From today's SeekingAlpha article on PLNR
PLNR will report 4Q and FY 2013 financial results on November 20, 2013 AH. During the 3Q 2013 conference call, Gerry Perkel, Planar's President and CEO made two important comments that bode well about 4Q results: 1) a significant growth in order backlog exiting entering 4Q … "our shippable backlog when entering Q4 was more than $5 million larger than our backlog enter in Q3, which supports our expectation to sequential revenue growth in Q4;" 2) this sequential growth coupled with the expectation for improved gross profits will likely result in achieving non-GAAP profitability in the 4th quarter. Regarding the Outlook for 4Q 2013, the 3Q 2013 earnings release stated:
… "Earlier this fiscal year, the Company established a goal to substantially grow the sales of digital signage and touch products while turning a profit (on a Non-GAAP basis) for the fiscal year. Looking forward, with three quarters completed and the expectation for a strong sequential increase in sales, that goal remains achievable. The Company expects to grow sales of digital signage and touch products by more than 30 percent for the full fiscal year and to be profitable for fiscal 2013 (on a Non-GAAP basis). The Company currently anticipates revenue in the range of $42-44 million and Non-GAAP income per share of $0.03 to $0.05 in the fourth quarter of 2013."
Based on recent execution progress, new product launches, and technological breakthroughs, a recent analysis forecasted that Planar will produce the highest future earnings growth in the Electronic and Instruments Industry at about 225%!
I believe the market will soon realize that PLNR is a compelling value at today's prices based on the progress that has been made in recent quarters - progress that will inevitably result in steady improvements in gross margins and revenue growth. In my opinion PLNR could easily double within the next 6 months.
- Huge capacity and efficiency increase going forward almost doubling in 2015 due to cash infusion to remove constraints and keep up with demand
- Higher gross margins expected
- New 53% owner is Who is Who in same industry as ELTK and will shift customers to ELTK to increase shareholder value - And now he is the largest shareholder
- Trading at 0.25 times sales or 30% of sector averages
- Only 4 million shares on the float
- 3Q 2013 expected to be the 11th GAAP profitable quarter will be reported Wednesday, November 27, 2013
- Strong balance sheet
Do your DD before this one explodes after this temporary profit taking by "clueless trapped longs"
Too bad you did not buy when we first brought it here at $1.1.
DSS reached $1.57 today and closed on a furious rally at $1.48.
I have news for you, $1.48 is dirt cheap compared to the huge upside potential here.
Do your DD and don't be stubborn (stupid)
SeekingAlpha uncovered three significant recent developments that sent the stock flying. Market cap is still only $20M after today's gain. The float is 8 Million shares and insiders have been buying like there is no tomorrow:
Recent but Significant DYSL news that investors were not aware of:
1) October 10, 2013. DSL forms of a new biotech subsidiary in partnership with the Mayo Clinic and enters a fast-growth global $4.5 billion biomedical market,The DYSL/Mayo Clinic's Xcede Patch is an advanced patch used to control bleeding. DYSL provides the technology and the Mayo clinic will provide funding as well as clinical trial expertise
2) November 19, 2013. DYSL gets a $4 million grant from the Department of Energy, - large government contracts/grants continue to feed the pipeline.
3) US approves of the company's new Navigator 2.0™ medical probe for cancer surgery. DYSL is pursuing European approval and expects international sales to begin in the near future
CC will be very bullish and tomorrow we will be off to the races
Secondary offering my #$%$
It sounds like they are building strong cloud revenues. This is the best way to build sustained prfitability
The biggest patent-infringement lawsuit is the one from DSS (Bascom Patents) because it sits at the core of Facebook's Operating System and Infrastructure.
music to my ears....these are revenues from the settled lawsuits with Broadvision, Jive Software, and Novell.....and those revenues are until 2022 when the Bascom patents expire