Me thinks Badford is the former CEO who got fired because of compensation disagreement, and now he wants his revenge!
A few things:
1) Look for Adam Fuerstein to crush CCXI again....he'll focus on the fact that the press release provided no real interim data, only general observations
2) Stock is down from double digits for a reason - the past few trial results have been poor, calling into question the platform efficacy.
3) Yet, Insiders have been buying heavily - even after Chrone's Disease and Diabetic Neuropothy failures...the question is why?
Hard to really understand CCXI.
PERIOD. Whomever is WRONG here...needs to go to JAIL. This is ridiculous.
I thought this report was terrible. Where is the robust growth? $6.6 million is pennies for supposedly so much going on in Big Data and so many press releases talking about new products and partnerships. We're talking billions and billions that are being spent in this industry. ATTU is all smoke and mirrors. They talk about partnerships with AMZN, EMC, etc, yet there is NO REVENUE ($6.6 million) and PALTRY GROWTH (11%). Let's get real here. The stock trades at $9.00 now, down from $11.00 three days ago, and that's still 3.5x run-rate revenue. That's a multiple for 30-40% top line growth....SO, WHERE IS THE GROWTH?
This company might have some niche products, but it's so damn small, nobody really cares. It's not gaining any material market share, otherwise you'd see MUCH HIGHER top-line growth. How is this ever going to be a major player in Big Data? I just don't see it....
Tell me where and how the robust growth is going to come from?
The PR firm is a waste of time...so stupid to hire this firm. No idea how much they are getting paid, but it's a complete waste. If I were Management, this is something that I would never do. You know how you get "the word out"...you SIGN DEAL...you generate REVENUE....you realize EARNINGS. PERIOD, END OF STORY.
If CLRX signs up ILMN, like it did LIFE, then the stock would RIP into double digits immediately and run like hell north...
Just execute and generate income...PERIOD.
All PR firms are a waste of money for a micro-cap stock. The only thing that happens is a pump and dump...and that's not what CLRX shareholders want...we want a sustainable business...and stock price appreciation that continues higher over time.
If REGN is worth $30 billion, than VVUS at less than $1 billion is GROSSLY undervalued. Qsymia's drug led to 78% reduction in the incidence of diabetes while Alirocumab injectible led to a 48% reduction in bad cholesterol. The cholesterol drug market is VASTLY more competitive than the obesity drug market. There are 100 million + obese people.
Piper Jaffray, Leerink Swann and all these other analysts are thinking VERY short-term. Qsymia will be a $5 billion drug as physician's read the literature. It is only a matter of time before scripts rip higher.
Continue adding on these stupid pullbacks and analyst reports.
WIth the overwhelmingly positive 2-year study showing the incidence of diabetes fell 70%+ in patients taking Qsymia, this will be a $5 billion drug. Qsymia is more effective than either ARNA's or OREX's drug. It is ONLY a matter of time before word of this spreads to the medical community and Medicare reimbursement. This data is staggering. It's a complete 100% game-changer. Scripts will go up....WAY UP!
Add to this, the strong patent news of last week, which should extend the patent to 2028.
If you are short, you're freakin' CRAZY. Seriously freakin' nuts. This will become a massive freight train. You will see BIG Pharma calling VVUS to partner now...not the other way around.
Qsymia is a Lipitor type drug.
$50 stock by June 2014
1) No guarantee of 510k clearance happening despite history; no timing on when approval woud be if it does occur - especially given delays / backlog building up due to the government shutdown
2) Only 8-12 months of cash left - this will no doubt require additional funds given no revenue for months
3) Management assumes it can issue shares under Aspire contract - have not read the agreement, so maybe they can - but this event could be a material adverse change - note: there is no statement by Aspire in the ATOS press release on funding
4) ATOS did not have any discussion yet with McKesson on recall - however, it's unlikely that McKesson would have entered the distribution agreement knowing that ATOS's system needed a new 510K clearance - again, no guarantee that the distribution agreement remains in place - will ATOS shareholders hear from McKesson on this development?
5) Would expect a shareholder lawsuit here considering this event - it's just par for the course these days - and there were a few #$%$ off institutions on the call, especially one who was disturbed by 8 months of non-communication with shareholders with regards to FDA letter at the beginning of the year
Seems to be way too much uncertainty now, with no idea on the timing of future events. Have to think the stock continues to trade lower on Monday from where it is after-hours.
That's the problem. Need new 510K application for the testing and processing.
How was this issue not resolved since February?
Did Steve Quay think he could circumvent the FDA's letter and just ignore it?
How does McKesson sign up to distribute a product that isn't 100% cleared and ready to sell?
Will a representative of McKesson be on the conference call to discuss this delay and the future distribution of these tests?
What needs to be done now...new clinical trials for 510k clearance, or is this a simple fix with new labeling because this is a "voluntary" recall and not a "mandatory" recall?
If true, how the hell would McKesson Medical sign on to distribute a product that was going to be recalled a few weeks later? I presume this is 100% a labeling issue.
Thank you Hunter Diamond...and all the rest of you moronic shorts who have NO real idea about the clinical results happening with Qsymia on patients. It's only a matter of time before prescriptions climb...and at the very moment that they do, you'll all be crushed with a massive GAP higher...that will turn into a breakaway gap north of $30. It is INEVITABLE.
Qsymia has the best risk-reward profile of all diet drugs, it blows Belviq out of the water. The ONLY issue is it can't be prescribed for pregnant women...about 4 million out of 300 million people in the U.S. Studies will show how Qsymia lowers cardiovascular risk tremendously, it lowers diabetes risk tremendously. In coming months. Physicians will get more comfortable prescribing the drug. It is INEVITABLE.
Time to buy is NOW. $2 downside risk for $30-$50 upside.