If I had the insight, would have done it Wed with the selloff, but needed confirmation that it wasn't trending down. Between yesterday and today, looks like we should be moving up, at least until resistance around $169.50ish. GLTA
I hear you, I've owned and own a few of those :)
Depends on horizon, looking at it over 2 years, its performed well, but you are correct, all the gains since early Nov are gone, so it sucks to sit on wasted money. We either have a lot of shorts pressuring it or new buyers that got in around this price range that are looking to exit.
I want to pick up some Jan Options as well, but trying to figure out the best timing. Looks likes it getting pressured down right now...
From a TA perspective, does anyone else see a cup and handle formation happening right now, where we are currently on the downslope of the handle? IF so, we should see decreased volume today and maybe tomorrow before a positive move with increased volume. Hoping that this will explode upwards either later this week or early next week.
The fundamentals on this company are sound, no argument there, might just come down to the technical and when new buyers decide to move in.
Welcome any thoughts on the TA side.
Not well versed on Fibs, but I'm seeing resistance around the $84.80 area, which probably aligns with your 1.272 extension. Looks like it may consolidate here a bit before moving up. Aside from the freakish performance of ICPT, seems like most bio's are languishing.
Been enjoying this little run since the beginning of the month, but unfortunately, it has approached overbought territory and came down yesterday and low vol today. I'm patiently waiting on some sector rotation back to us :)
I own share at $76, so my stop loss is 8% below that and I also own a few Jan 2015 Calls @80 Strike, those are relatively flat, but not too worried as I have plenty of premium on it and we will not doubt be well above $80 in the next month or so, if not sooner depending on the market
Be cautious here if you are trying to add to your positions, we need to break through this resistance, which is now 82.30 based on today's high. We need above avg volume and a close over this price point before we can move higher and get more buyers in.
Agreed, people get greedy and enamored with a stock, think it will go up forever. The buying volume has all but dried up, we will see who wins out today. I have $100 leaps which it will get to, but not right away.
Its called an exhaustive run, aside from the gap up and 6 days of run, the volume on the buy side has dried up. Buyers and sellers are battling it out right now. The volume has also dried up, this will go down below $95 soon and probably consolidate for a bit
Been a lurker for a while since I bought in at $78.xx back in Nov, thinking this was going to continue to go parabolic :). Right now looks like it is trying to get back up and maybe possibly fill the gap, however, not liking the volume action. It looks like it will come back down again or move sideways for a bit. I sold some Mar $80 calls to collect some premium, figure I'm safe with that even if they call my shares away.
Seems a little bit contentious in here some times, but hoping everyone is making money. GLTA
Thanks, might wait a bit. While the overall market was down today, I didn't like the fact that the sell volume was 2X today. Might wait to see some buying conviction first :)
I'm considering buying some options on CELG, but thinking of waiting until after ER. Historically, looks like it mostly trades down after ER. Any thoughts on waiting until after or before. I'm looking at Jan 2015 in the money
Been a long time holder of this, unfortunately I'm not sure if anything will get better for us. While coal is slowing down and some might say it is picking up for China & India, the one thing we didn't anticipate was new equipment builders. Mainly, China's ability to build mining equipment, do it cheaper and in some cases, build it better. I can't say one way or the other how it will impact Joy, but appreciate anyone else's feedback