Celebrities, humor, babies and cute animals will once again rule the commercial breaks on Sunday during Super Bowl XLVII, advertising's biggest showcase, when more than 111 million people are expected to tune in. Marketers have spent millions and pulled out all the stops to 'wow' viewers this year.
Here are 10 spots they hope will make you skip the bathroom break or beer run for during the big game:
1. Samsung Mobile's 2-minute ad in the fourth quarter called "The Big Pitch" stars "Knocked Up" actors Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen and was directed by Jon Favreau ("Iron Man"). The company has not released details about the ad's plot other than to say that it shows Rogen and Rudd on a "quest to become the next big thing." A teaser ad shows Rogen and Rudd trying to talk about a Super Bowl ad without saying the words "Super Bowl."
2. Best Buy's 30-second ad in the first quarter stars Amy Poehler, star of NBC's "Parks and Rec," asking a Best Buy employee "lots of questions."
3. Kraft enlists Tracy Morgan from NBC's "30 Rock" to introduce its new Mio Fit water enhancing drops in a 30-second ad during the third quarter.
4. Hyundai Motor Group's Kia invents a fanciful way that babies are made, blasting in from a baby planet in its "Space babies" ad for the 2014 Sorento crossover.
5. First-time advertiser Paramount Farms is touting its Wonderful
Pistachios brand of nut in a 30-second ad in the third quarter in its "Get Crackin'" campaign that stars Korean pop sensation Psy.