AP Photo/Reed Saxon
The news of the day:
- Amazon is going to release its own video streaming box like Apple TV "any day now" and it will come pre-loaded with Netflix and Hulu, two of its web video rivals.
- New Jersey banned sales of Teslas in the state based on arcane auto dealership laws.
- There was a report last night that Sheryl Sandberg was being eyed for the CEO slot at Disney, but that is not true.
- Here's an explanation of pCell, the revolutionary technology that promises to deliver better, faster cellular data to your phone.
- The hottest app at SXSW wasn't an app at all this year, it was plain old television. T V shows and TV stars were the hottest thing.
- Apple is opening a cluster of small, local iOS-oriented stores in India to ramp sales. Until recently Apple had not done much in India.
- The creator of Flappy Bird gave an interview to Rolling Stone. He says he has three new games in the works and would even consider re-releasing Flappy Bird.
- Disney is in talks to buy YouTube channel Maker Studios for $500 million.
- Google acquired Green Throttle Games to help build its own set-top box for TV. Green Throttle was defunct, but it had been working on a video game system.
- Observation from analyst Benedict Evans: By the end of this year, China Mobile could have more 3G subscribers than there are mobile subscribers in all of the USA.
More From Business Insider