A recent Reddit thread asked retail employees to reveal their worst customer complaints of all time.
Here are some of the best answers.
1. The casino customers evading a loan shark.
"I used to work security at a casino and a man and woman came up to me and told me there was a man following them. I asked if they knew him and they replied, 'Yeah he's the loan shark we borrowed $2500 from 2 weeks ago.'"
Needless to say they were escorted safely to their car then barred for a year." --dwar0
2. The shoplifter who accused employees of harassment.
"A guy accused me of harassing him because I kicked him out of the store after the third time he stole from us. He then called the cops..." --Merry_Bastard
3. The garden customer who was concerned the plants were wet.
"At a garden center. 'Some of your plants are wet.'" --ZarquonsFlatTire
4. The customer who didn't understand what a bank was.
"I work at a bank inside of a grocery store. The customer was very upset that they couldn't buy their toilet paper and Doritos at the teller window."--Dardeutschbag
5. The woman who gave hot wings to her baby.
"Worked in a sandwich/wing place several years ago. Had a woman order hot wings for delivery. After they were delivered, she called raging that 'those hot wings made my baby cry!' The manager politely offered to send her mild instead..." --mrszoso
6. The woman who complained about getting more for less.
"We ran out of medium sized fountain drink cups at the place I work at, so we were giving out large ones instead for the price of a medium. A lady flipped out and demanded that she get the drink for free since it wasn't the size that she wanted." --might_be_a_bird
Mario Tama/Getty Images
7. The shareholder who didn't understand how quarters work.
"I once had a shareholder complain that they only got their quarterly statement every three months." --JLSaun
8. The coffee customer who didn't want foam in their cappuccino.
"This cappuccino feels like it's half foam!" --erzatzkwisatz
9. The girl who wanted portobello and got mushrooms.
"I work in a burger joint. One particular evening I had a table of college kids. A blonde girl orders one of our specialty burgers, the 'portobello and swiss'. Awhile later I get the food dropped off and when I'm checking back on them the blonde, visibly upset, is demanding a different sandwich. I ask if there's something wrong and she tells me her burger has mushrooms on it." --ShotRodner
10. The woman who confronted a lifeguard over why her child couldn't swim in the deep end.
"Lady: 'Why wont you let my child swim in the deep end?' Me: 'Because she cant swim.'" --vilwildcats
11. The customer who had no patience for hot food.
"This food is too hot. I'd like it replaced with cooler food." --markko79
12. The woman who wanted gas station workers to pay for her clumsiness.
"A woman managed to spill gasoline all over herself at the gas station I worked at and demanded we pay for new clothing." --Kowzorz
13. The customer who went to an Italian restaurant but didn't want the cuisine.
"I worked at an Italian Restaurant and received a complaint that we didn't have a burger and fries option on the menu." --FreeSoloing
More From Business Insider
- FACT OR FICTION? The Craziest Fast Food Urban Legends
- Photo That Seems To Show A Wendy's Employee Eating Out Of A Frosty Machine Is Nauseating
- Burger King Customer Claims She Found A Razor Blade In Her Whopper