MEXICO CITY--(Marketwire - Oct 24, 2012) - Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (
- Reported total revenues reached Ps. 36,193 million in the third quarter of 2012, an increase of 20.3% as compared to the third quarter of 2011, mainly as a result of double-digit revenue growth in both divisions, including the integration of Grupo Tampico, Grupo CIMSA and Grupo Fomento Queretano in our Mexican territories. Excluding the recently merged territories in Mexico, total revenues increased 9.6%.
- Reported consolidated operating income grew 26.6% to Ps. 5,487 million for the third quarter of 2012, driven by double-digit growth in both divisions and the integration of the new territories in Mexico. Our reported operating margin expanded 80 basis points to 15.2% in the third quarter of 2012. Excluding the recently merged territories, operating income grew 18.0%.
- The smooth integration of the recently merged territories in Mexico and the enhancement of the combined operational structure based on our integration plan have allowed us to increase the net synergy target from Ps. 800 million to Ps. 900 million, to be captured at the operative cash flow level as of 2014.
- Reported consolidated net controlling interest income grew 53.5% to Ps. 3,543 million in the third quarter of 2012.
"After facing a very tough commodity and volatile currency environment over the past several quarters, we look forward to a strong close of the year. Among our initiatives, we continue to introduce innovative products and packages, including the Fuze Tea brand, to build an even more robust non-carbonated beverage portfolio. We have rolled out our new commercial model across all of our franchise territories. We also continue to identify additional synergies in our newly merged territories, underscoring the proven capability of our operators to integrate new franchises efficiently and effectively. With our industry's increasing level of sophistication, our company continually develops new skills and abilities to rise to the occasion, transforming challenges into opportunities. Indeed, as we approach the final part of the year, we are confident that our company will continue to work towards meeting the business plan that we established at the beginning of the year, creating value for all of our shareholders," said Carlos Salazar Lomelin, Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION
Our third-quarter 2012 Conference Call will be held on October 24, 2012, at 12:00 P.M. Eastern Time (11:00 A.M. Mexico City Time). To participate in the conference call, please dial: Domestic U.S.: 800-299-6183 or International: 617-801-9713. We invite investors to listen to the live audiocast of the conference call on the Company's website, www.coca-colafemsa.com
If you are unable to participate live, an instant replay of the conference call will be available through October 30, 2012. To listen to the replay, please dial: Domestic U.S.: 888-286-8010 or International: 617-801-6888. Pass code: 27299261.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. produces and distributes Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Del Valle, and other trademark beverages of The Coca-Cola Company in Mexico (a substantial part of central Mexico, including Mexico City, as well as southeast and northeast Mexico), Guatemala (Guatemala City and surrounding areas), Nicaragua (nationwide), Costa Rica (nationwide), Panama (nationwide), Colombia (most of the country), Venezuela (nationwide), Brazil (greater São Paulo, Campiñas, Santos, the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, part of the state of Goias, and part of the state of Minas Gerais), and Argentina (Buenos Aires and surrounding areas), along with bottled water, juices, teas, isotonics, beer, and other beverages in some of these territories. The Company has 37 bottling facilities in Latin America and serves close to 1,800,000 retailers in the region.
Please click on this link to view the full version of the Press Release on our Web Site
- Investment & Company Information
+ 52 (55) 5081-5186