Presidents Day is Monday, and whether you are celebrating a three-day weekend or your favorite Head of State, get ready to revel in some really great sales.
For the past two years, online retailers have offered steeper discounts on Presidents Day than any other holiday. Last year, savings averaged 47% off — and that means a lot of extra Andrew Jacksons in your pocket.
But to get the best buys this weekend, you’ll want to know the kinds of sales to expect.
1. Discount codes on full-price merchandise: Look for these codes to get decent discounts on seasonal merchandise that hasn’t yet gone on sale. Some retailers will offer 10-25% off full-price items, so you can snap up items that have recently arrived in store for spring.
2. Sale-on-sale codes: These are codes for additional discounts on merchandise that’s already steeply marked down. Look for these codes to get the really amazing deals — we’re talking 50% off or higher — on end of season pieces.
3. Free-shipping codes: You can often find these codes listed right at the top of the page. (If it’s not there, trying googling the retailer + free shipping.) You’re saving two Lincolns for each code you find.
And as far as what categories to shop — women’s accessories, dresses, intimates, denim and shoes, and men’s athletic shirts, casual pants, dress pants, dress shirts and ties, offer better-than-average markdowns at this time of year.
But why should you spend your precious holiday hunting for sales? Shop It To Me is your personal shopper, checking hundreds of sites to find the designer items you care about marked down in your size.
Methodology: Shop It To Me analyzed more than 1 million sale items available online from January 1 to December 31 2013.
Shop It To Me‘s mission is to be the best online personal shopping assistant. We know that everyone shops a little differently and that if there’s anyone who knows your taste to a T, it’s you. At Shop It To Me, we let you call the shots. We just do the legwork – searching 150+ stores online – to connect you with the stuff you care about most. You’re an individual: we help you shop that way.
More from Manilla.com:
- 5 Signs It’s Time to Get Rid of Your Clothes
- 15 Free Things You Will Never Have to Pay For Again
- Can Healthy Eaters Shop with Coupons?
- Banking & Budgeting
- Hobbies & Personal Activities