ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Command Brand from 3M—known for its damage-free indoor organizing and decorating products—is introducing a new line of Command Outdoor Products to help homeowners go all out decorating the outside of their home this holiday season.
The line includes clear window hooks, decorative hooks and light clips that are equipped with new water- and UV-resistant adhesive strips, specially formulated to withstand weather conditions including rain, snow and extreme temperatures (-20F to 125F). The hooks and clips hold strongly to outdoor windows, siding, gutters, doors and other smooth surfaces. And, like all Command Brand Products, they remove cleanly without damaging surfaces.
“Every holiday season, Command Brand Products help homeowners transform the inside of their homes with festive decorations,” says Kate Semersky, Command Brand business unit manager. “With the addition of Command Outdoor Products, we will empower homeowners to expand their creativity on the exterior of their homes as well.”
One homeowner, John Storms, is already using these products to supercharge his extravagant outdoor holiday lights display. Storms became an Internet sensation thanks to his many online videos, featuring displays that use more than 25,000 lights synchronized to popular music. Storms offers the following tips to inspire homeowners to get creative with their outdoor holiday decorations:
- Don’t burn out. Test the lights before you start hanging them. You don’t want to find out later that the bulbs have burnt out and have to replace them once they’re already in place.
- Mix up your lights. LED bulbs in cool white look very different than bulbs in warm white. Combining them in the display will help create a more dynamic effect.
- Be flexible. The key to a clean lights display is keeping the strings tight and precise. Use Command Outdoor Light Clips to string lights and garland in various holiday shapes, such as a tree or star on the siding. Remember to take a step back every once in a while to review your progress, and adjust the positioning as you go.
- Accent with color. Choose colorful lights to enhance certain areas of the home. A simple way to add a pop of color is to string blue or red lights around small holiday wreaths, and hang them on Command Outdoor Window Hooks in each window of the home.
- Quality over quantity. Don’t overwhelm your home with decorations and lights. Small light displays can often times have a greater impact.
For more outdoor decorating ideas and inspiration from John, check out this how-to video.
You can find Command Outdoor Products online and at home centers and mass merchandisers nationwide, ranging in price from $4.99 to $14.99.
Twittercue: Go all out with #holidaylights this season! Get inspiration from @JohnStorms & @CommandBrand: http://bit.ly/1aEwB3p #DamageFreeDIY
About John Storms
John Storms began creating mega lights displays on his home in Austin, Texas in 1999. His displays feature more than 25,000 lights programmed to hours of music and have garnered millions of online views. Videos of his displays have been featured on national and local media outlets including the TODAY Show, Good Morning America, Jimmy Kimmel Live, The O’Reilly Factor, The Wendy Williams Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and more.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M and Command are trademarks of 3M. © 3M 2013.
- Home & Garden