NEW YORK, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Audiences are craving authentic and relevant experiences from the brands that they care about. As a result, one of the struggles that content marketers face is the ability to maintain relevance and stand out amidst the competition for audience attention. Tools like social media can provide the real-time data needed to help you the craft messages that will resonate and have the greatest impact possible. Use the following tips to help you integrate real-time data into your content marketing strategy:
- Understand Your Personas. A real-time data content strategy requires sufficient knowledge of who your audience is and where they are engaging. Make sure your persona profiles are up-to-date in preparation for sending highly targeted messages in the right place and the right time.
- Listen to social media conversations to secure relevant content opportunities. Closely monitoring trending conversations can keep you up-to-date on hot topics and filter out old news.
- Empower trusted employees to engage on social media without an approval process. They are direct connections to your customers with an even broader reach and can help your brand become an active participant in real-time conversations.
- Plan your content strategy ahead of time with an editorial calendar but leave plenty of flexibility to prioritize timely story opportunities.
For more discussion around integrating a real-time data strategy into your content marketing, read the latest article from Steve Lazuka, founder of Interact Media, on PR Newswire's Small Business Toolkit: http://bit.ly/1nUuLOV
PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
- Singapore International News
- PR Newswire