After starting off the week on a sour note, U.S. equities managed to break a 4-day loosing streak following better-than-expected earnings reports. The bounce back, however, was short lived after investors turned their attention to the latest Fed policy minutes. The Fed minutes, which for the most part lacked basic clarity, stated that few officials favored tapering bond purchases soon. The report also stated that several Fed officials were “somewhat less confident” about near-term economic growth [see Monetary Policy Around The Globe: Currency ETF Edition].
Below, we highlight seven insightful articles circulating around the financial space this week:
- The real truth about the U.S. economic recovery (dshort.com )
- Junk Bond ETF (JNK) reaching key levels (Kimble Charting Solutions)
- Emerging markets look like submerging markets (Risk Reversal)
- Why the bond sell-off may be over (The Fat Pitch)
- A closer look at an equal-weighted S&P 500 (RSP) (Dragonfly Capital)
- The rise in company cash levels (Horan Capital Advisors)
- Commodity index underperforming the S&P 500 (Financial Sense)
Follow me on Twitter @DPylypczak.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.