After months of speculations, the Fed finally answered investors’ lingering questions – though perhaps not to Wall Street’s expectations. At the highly anticipated FOMC meeting, the Fed decided that it will continue its $85 billion-per-month bond-buying program for now, but indicated that a tapering could come later this year. In his press conference, Fed Chairman Bernanke also gave somewhat of a cheery outlook for the U.S. economy, noting improving labor market conditions despite a relatively high unemployment rate [see Single Country ETFs: Everything Investors Need To Know].
Below, we highlight seven insightful articles circulating around the financial space this week:
- Using dividend ETFs to “ Bernanke-Proof ” your portfolio (Street Authority)
- Another crisis up ahead? Roubini and Bremmer think so (Institutional Investor)
- The real reason nuclear energy is struggling (Quartz)
- Caution: 5 of the 7 largest ETFs are under performing in 2013 (Kimble Charting Solutions)
- No Fed taper? No problem. There are bigger surprises up ahead (Real Clear Markets)
- Historical patterns show gold could drop to as low as $900 an ounce (Bull Market Thinking)
- China faces daunting challenges up ahead (Mauldin Economics)
Follow me on Twitter @DPylypczak.
[For more ETF analysis, make sure to sign up for our free ETF newsletter]
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- Investment & Company Information