Gold is crashing again today. According to Goldman, the decline in gold is the biggest two-day fall since 1983.
Because gold has such a cult following, this is causing a bit of a crisis of confidence among gold bugs, who are scrambling for any explanation for gold's fall.
Here's a rundown of the things they're saying today.1. "IT'S A FED CONSPIRACY!"
The action is gold/silver is another example of gov't confiscation. MFGlobal, Cyprus, Gold/Silver. This is what a currency war looks like.— Max Keiser (@maxkeiser) April 15, 2013 April 13, 2013
2. Gold is now 'oversold' — It's a buying opportunity.
3. All of this selling is just "paper" gold. "Physical" gold is doing just fine.
4. This gold decline is BAD news for the Fed, since it means deflation.
Gold/all commodities sell off signaling massive deflation; something Bernanke said will never happen on his watch— Bret Rosenthal (@BretRosenthal) April 15, 2013 April 15, 2013
Goldman Sachs year-end target for gold of sub-1,400/oz. they know someone will sell massive SPDR gold trust this year.— Norman (@Norman__G) April 15, 2013
Large buying volumes of Gold around $1,400. Goldman Sachs mopping up?— Adam Black (@AdamBla27986197) April 15, 2013
6. This is a bank conspiracy to screw Cyprus.
More From Business Insider
- BARRON'S: Bitcoin Is Why You Should Buy Gold
- Gold Bull Frank Holmes: 'The Math Indicates That The Metal Will Not Stay At These Lows'
- MARC FABER: Sure Gold Is Down, But Apple Is Down By Twice As Much
- Investment & Company Information