TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire -09/21/11)- BlackBerry Partners Fund™ today announced the winners of the "WebWorks" competition in the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. Winners of the most innovative BlackBerry® WebWorks™ app for the BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry® smartphones (based on the BlackBerry® OS 6.0 or higher) were selected on a regional basis. Apps were judged based on quality and use of development best practices, level of visual appeal, user experience, and creativity and innovation.
- First Runners-up - Meeting Cost (vendor: Hindam Innovation Corp.)
- Second Runners-up - Light 'Em Up (vendor: Thomas Kiefer)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
- Grand Prize Winner - Daily Express UK (vendor: Refresh Mobile Ltd)
- First Runners-up - Twinoo Lite (vendor: Razum d.o.o.)
- Second Runners-up - Interlecta (vendor: Interlecta OOD)
- Grand Prize Winner - Shogomo (vendor: Quintell Business Intelligence Pte Ltd)
- First Runners-up - Chatmosphere IRC Chat Finder (vendor: Mobile Ventures Pty Ltd)
- Second Runners-up - Rock Paper Scissors (vendor: MMMOOO)
DevCon and Prizes
All winners of the 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon), October 18 - 20 in San Francisco. This year's prizing for all competitions is valued at $3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year. Prizes and awards include placement on the BlackBerry App World™ featured carousel; BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook; membership in the BlackBerry® Alliance Program; BlackBerry accessory gift certificates; and more. More information on the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge - including complete rules, guidelines, competitions, awards and prize packages - is available at www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/challenge.
About BlackBerry Partners Fund
BlackBerry Partners Fund is the leading independent venture capital firm focused exclusively on mobile computing. In collaboration with Research In Motion, along with Thomson Reuters and RBC, the global fund brings capital, resources and unparalleled domain expertise to the partnerships it forms with exceptional entrepreneurs around the world who are shaping the future of the mobile eco-system. The Fund has an investment footprint throughout North America, the United Kingdom and Israel. For more information, visit www.blackberrypartnersfund.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
- BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge
Echo Communications (for BlackBerry Partners Fund)
+1 (905) 709-9600
C: +1 (416) 271-7250