HAMILTON, BERMUDA--(Marketwire -10/17/11)- Quilters everywhere can now enjoy their favorite HUSQVARNA VIKING® features wherever they go in the new compact and lightweight H|CLASS™ 100Q sewing machine. Just launched by HUSQVARNA VIKING®, a global leader in sewing machine design and manufacturing, the H|CLASS™ 100Q sewing machine's portable size and carrying case make it a perfect quilting companion for social sewers on-the-go. The computerized H|CLASS™ 100Q sewing machine boasts more than a dozen time-saving features, including 20 quilting, utility and decorative stitches, HUSQVARNA VIKING® snap-on presser feet, speed control slide, and a start and stop button that allows users to sew without a foot control.
"Many of our loyal HUSQVARNA VIKING® sewers desired a well-equipped machine they could easily bring to quilting classes or travel with them on their sewing visits to friends' houses and sewing guild events," said Katrina Helmkamp, CEO of SVP Worldwide, producer of the HUSQVARNA VIKING®, SINGER®, and PFAFF® sewing machine brands. "In response to this demand, we developed the HICLASS™ 100Q sewing machine -- its manageable weight, small size and hardtop carrying case allow for simple transportation, making it even easier for sewers to spread the joy of sewing to their friends and family."
- Computerization: The computerized H|CLASS™ 100Q sewing machine has built-in, time-saving functions that are intuitive for sewers of all levels.
- Built-in Stitches: More than 20 quilting, utility and decorative stitches, and two one-step buttonholes are ideal for creative projects. Adjust stitch width up to 7mm.
- Start/Stop button: Allows users to sew without a foot control.
- Speed Control Slide: Easily adjustable speed controls make for greater control while sewing.
- Accessories: Five HUSQVARNA VIKING® presser feet (A, B, D, E, P) are included as well as a one-step buttonhole foot. A needle pack with 5 needles, screw driver, seam ripper/brush, edge/quilting guide, spool cap, felt pad, second spool pin, and bobbins can be found in the accessory tray.
- Hard Cover: A hard cover is included to protect the sewing machine, and keep it dust free. The power cord and food controller conveniently pack right inside.
- Adjustable thread tension: Easily adjusts thread tension for special threads and techniques.
- Needle Stop Up/Down: One touch sets the needle to stop up or down for pivoting, appliqué and the most accurate sewing.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lift: Raises the presser foot to its highest position allowing thick fabrics and multiple layers to effortlessly move under the presser foot.
- Built-in Needle Threader: Makes threading easy and fast.
- Feed Teeth Lever: Simplistically lowers the feed teeth when stippling, free-motion sewing and button sewing.
- Easy stitch selection: Selects stitch length and width automatically and allows user to quickly adjust settings for specific techniques or fabrics.
- FIX function: Immediately stops sewing and ties off for secure seams and a neat finish for decorative stitches.
About HUSQVARNA VIKING®
HUSQVARNA VIKING® premium sewing machines have been produced using world-renowned Swedish engineering since 1872 and have been bringing new sewing innovations to the marketplace for nearly 140 years. That tradition of innovation and renowned craftsmanship continues today. In 2010, the HUSQVARNA VIKING® Sapphire™ 835 and the Designer Topaz™ 20 and 30 sewing machines all received CONSUMERS DIGEST BEST BUY ratings for outstanding capability and convenience. HUSQVARNA VIKING® sewing machines help sewers transition to the next skill level by providing sewing enthusiasts with unlimited options that will keep them sewing for a lifetime. Visit www.husqvarnaviking.com for more information on products and retailers.