Following is information on shares showing very high volume in early morning trading:
- Bank of America Corporation : 6.53 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $98.49 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary. Bank of America Earnings Cheat Sheet: Swinging to a Loss>>
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF : 2.97 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $89.24 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- Alcatel-Lucent : 571,800 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $11.25 billion. About the company: Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc : 509,400 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $224.65 billion. About the company: Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for, and extracts crude oil and natural gas. It also converts natural gas to liquids to provide cleaner burning fuels; markets and trades natural gas and power; extracts bitumen from mined oil sands and convert it to synthetic crude oil; and develops wind power to generate electricity.
- PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 ETF : 481,940 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $48.37 billion. About the company: PowerShares QQQ is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund represents undivided ownership interests in the PowerShares QQQ. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq 100 Index.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. : 339,031 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $66.96 billion. About the company: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Misses Estimates>>
- Anheuser-Busch InBev NV : 310,000 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $88.93 billion. About the company: Anheuser-Busch InBev NV brews beer. The Company manufactures ale, lager, stout, and bitter beer. Anheuser-Busch InBev owns brands that are both nationally and internationally prominent. The Company has production plants in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
(N0te: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver , consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
- market capitalization
- Bank of America Corporation