NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -09/07/11)- Jones New York, a division of The Jones Group Inc. (NYSE: JNY - News), continues its Empowering Your Confidence campaign with new initiatives in Fall 2011. The Empowering Your Confidence campaign celebrates Jones' 40-year legacy of empowering women and dressing them for success in each of life's moments.
The campaign includes multi-faceted initiatives in media, networking and philanthropy, with national and local components:
- The fall campaign, shot by famed photographer, Peter Lindbergh, makes its print debut in the September issues of top fashion publications, including Vogue and Elle, in addition to national publications such as The New York Times. The campaign features the Broadway Blazer, an iconic wardrobe item with a new modern silhouette. The fall campaign is also supported by the "7 Ways to Wear It" video series, which shows women how to make the most of their wardrobe and style classic items for seven different occasions. Watch "How To Wear the Broadway Blazer 7 Different Ways" at JNY.com/blazer.
- On September 7th, in conjunction with the launch of the digital component of the campaign, 1,000 New York City taxi cabs will begin running a 15-second video showcasing the Broadway Blazer. The video features behind-the-scenes footage of the Peter Lindbergh shoot. The digital campaign will also appear on leading professional networking websites, including Monster.com and LinkedIn.
- Dee Dee Myers continues her work with the Empowerment Fund grant winners. The Empowerment Fund awards grants to women to help them reach their personal, professional and community goals. Myers recently spent a day with two grant winners and gave the women insight and advice to help guide their projects. Myers also continues to write for JNY's Empowerment Journal on various topics related to female empowerment.
- JNY Style Guy Lloyd Boston will embark on a seven-city tour, showing women how to maximize their style. The tour will also feature a "7 Ways to Wear It" fashion show. The tour kicks off at New York City's Fashion's Night Out at Lord & Taylor on 5th Avenue on September 8th. See other tour dates and locations at JNY.com.
- The Little Black Book of Career Advice is thriving as a socially interactive and shareable digital book featuring career wit and wisdom from influential women, and continues to encourage readers to upload their own words of wisdom. The Little Black Book of Career Advice can be found at JNY.com/empowerment.
Visit JNY.com to learn more about Jones New York's Empowering Your Confidence campaign.
About The Jones Group Inc.
The Jones Group Inc. (www.jonesgroupinc.com) is a leading global designer, marketer and wholesaler of over 35 brands with best-in-class product expertise across five divisions: apparel, footwear, jeanswear, jewelry and handbags. The Jones Group has a reputation for innovation, excellence in product quality and value, operational execution and talent. The Company also markets directly to consumers through branded specialty retail and outlet stores and through its e-commerce sites.
The Company's internationally recognized brands and licensing agreements (L) include: Nine West, Jones New York, Anne Klein, Kurt Geiger, Rachel Roy (L), Robert Rodriguez, Robbi & Nikki, Stuart Weitzman, B Brian Atwood (L), KG by Kurt Geiger, Boutique 9, Easy Spirit, Carvela, Gloria Vanderbilt, l.e.i., Bandolino, Enzo Angiolini, Nine & Co., GLO, Joan & David, Miss KG, Jones Wear, Andrew Marc/Marc Moto (L), Kasper, Energie, Evan-Picone, Le Suit, Mootsies Tootsies, Grane, Erika, Napier, Jessica Simpson (L), Dockers (L), Sam & Libby, Givenchy (L), Judith Jack, Albert Nipon and Pappagallo.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1719954
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1719997
- Jones New York
- The Jones Group Inc.
- Jones New York
Joele Frank and Annabelle Rinehart
Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher