SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire -02/22/12)- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR - News), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced it has acquired Mykonos Software, the leading provider of Intrusion Deception Systems that protect websites and web applications. This acquisition allows Juniper to extend its security portfolio with the only intrusion deception system in the industry capable of detecting an attacker before an attack is in progress. Under the terms of the agreement, Juniper acquired Mykonos Software for a cash purchase price of approximately $80 million.
- Web applications are among the largest unprotected attack surfaces and the frequency of attack is increasing.(1) Companies need a proactive approach to web application security beyond traditional defenses. The combination of Juniper's strong protection for known attacks with Mykonos Software's deception-based technology to protect against zero-day attacks and advanced persistent threats delivers clear advantages for customers looking to reduce security risk and lower total cost of ownership.
- Mykonos' groundbreaking deception-based technology can actively prevent attackers and stop even the most sophisticated zero-day web attacks. It is the only company that can catch an attack in progress, profile the attack, learn the attacker's behavior, and then use that behavior to thwart future attacks.
- Mykonos Software's technology will become a key component of Juniper's long-term vision to deliver an always protected environment across devices, applications, the network and the cloud.
- Together with Mykonos, Juniper is transforming the security industry and changing the ROI of hacking by making it costly, time consuming and tedious for attackers to chase after false data. With Mykonos Software's real-time protection, monitoring and forensic capabilities that can neutralize threats as they occur, companies can prevent loss of data and save potentially millions of dollars from prevention of fraud or lost revenue.
- Unlike current solutions such as web security appliances and Web Application Firewalls (WAFs), Mykonos provides device level tracking beyond IP address tracking that allows for attackers to be uniquely identified, monitored and blocked.
- With the acquisition of Mykonos Software, Juniper Networks extends its security footprint to bring next-generation, deception-based web application security to physical, virtual and cloud environments. Customers will benefit from a proactive security approach that empowers customers to stop hackers in real-time, backed by Juniper's scale and overall security portfolio, and strong services and support capabilities.
- The transaction closed on February 13, 2012.
"Acquiring Mykonos Software is a smart move for Juniper. Mykonos' intrusion deception technology is an innovative defense against zero-day web attacks, automated hacker tools, malicious web content, and similar threats aimed at companies' websites and web applications. There are opportunities for Juniper to sell standalone and integrated versions of the Mykonos solution."
- Jeff Wilson, principal analyst, Infonetics Research
"With this acquisition, Juniper is driving security innovation with disruptive technology that breaks from conventional ideas. Juniper's strong history of technology execution combined with Mykonos' accomplished team ideally positions us to deliver an end-to-end security portfolio that provides an always protected environment across devices, applications, the network and the cloud."
- Nawaf Bitar, senior vice president and general manager, Security Business Unit at Juniper Networks
"We believe the combination of Mykonos' groundbreaking technology and Juniper's proven expertise in delivering innovative security products at the largest scale, will enable us to provide solutions to immediate and pressing security threats for the largest enterprises and public sector institutions. We are excited about the opportunity to leverage Juniper's world-class organization to deliver the next generation of application security based on best of breed proactive and preventative technology."
- David Koretz, chairman and chief executive officer, Mykonos Software
- For more information about today's news, please refer to the following resources:
- Learn more about Juniper Networks Security Solutions: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- Mykonos Software on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MykonosSoftware
1. Source: Verizon Business 2011 Data Breach Investigations Report
About Mykonos Software
Mykonos Software is the smartest way to secure websites and web applications against hackers, fraud and theft. Its Web Intrusion Prevention System uses deception to detect, track, profile and prevent hackers in real-time. Unlike signature-based approaches, Mykonos Software is the first technology that inserts detection points to proactively identify attackers before they do damage -- with virtually no false positives. Mykonos goes beyond the IP address to track the individual attacker, profile their behavior and deploy counter measures. With the Mykonos Web Security, administrators are liberated from writing rules, analyzing massive log files or monitoring another console.
For more information on Mykonos Software, please visit www.MykonosSoftware.com or follow us on Twitter @MykonosSoftware. For sales information call toll-free 1-877-88-WINGS, or email sales@MykonosSoftware.com.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.