As the Dow Jones posts its biggest daily percentage gain in one month, Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Alcoa, Inc. : Up 3.77% to $10.45. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company : Up 1.35% to $25.53. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
- AFLAC Inc. : Up 3.56% to $32.58. Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
- Agrium Inc. : Up 1.36% to $72.82. Agrium Inc. supplies nitrogen, potash and phosphate for agricultural, industrial, and specialty use. The Company operates throughout the America’s while it markets its products globally.
- iPath Pure Beta Broad Commodity ETN : Down 0.82% to $42.55.
- B Communications Ltd : Down 4.8% to $16.26. B Communications Ltd., through a subsidiary, offers telecommunications services. The Company offers domestic, international and cellular telephone; broadband Internet access; multi-channel television; leased line; and corporate network services. B Communications operates in Israel.
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation : Up 1.51% to $18.80. Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon) is a global financial services company. The Company provides financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce : Up 0.82% to $69.90. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce provides banking and financial services to consumers, individuals, and corporate clients in Canada and around the world.
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited : Up 3.88% to $30.54. Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. acquires, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and related products. The Company operates in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, northeastern British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Canadian Natural also operates in areas which have access for exploration activities and where pipeline systems already exist.
- Deere & Company : Up 1.44% to $68.44. Deere & Company manufactures and distributes a range of agricultural, construction and forestry, and commercial and consumer equipment. The Company supplies replacement parts for its own products and for those of other manufacturers. Deere also provides product and parts financing services.
- Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. : Up 1.24% to $9.00. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras) generates, transmits, and markets electricity through regional companies in Brazil. The Company plans, finances, coordinates, and supervises expansion projects for its subsidiaries.
- Encana Corporation : Up 1.04% to $20.31. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- EOG Resources, Inc. : Up 4.02% to $76.68. EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- Express Scripts Inc. : Up 1.58% to $39.32. Express Scripts, Inc is a full service pharmacy benefit management and specialty managed care company serving clients throughout North America. The Company’s customers include managed care organizations, insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and union-sponsored benefit plans. Express provides pharmacy network management, formulary management, and other services.
- Hess Corporation : Up 5.07% to $54.09. Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>