BURBANK, CA--(Marketwire - 11/11/10) - Neil Young attended the SEMA Show in Las Vegas this week to present his LincVolt car and deliver the keynote speech about his green-minded ideas for automotive technology.LincVolt is the world's first Micro-Turbine powered Bio-Electro-Cruiser. Designed in 1959 to make long distance trips and local commutes in style and grace, this timeless, beautiful and spacious Electro-Turbine Series-Hybrid now draws its power from a multi-fueled Capstone Micro-turbine generator, a UQM 150KW prime mover and super-safe Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.In 2008, Young assembled a team to modify his 1959 Lincoln Continental to enable it to run on electricity. The goal was to inspire a generation by creating a clean automobile propulsion technology that serves the needs of the 21st century, reduce greenhouse gas emissions to a new low while delivering performance that is a reflection of the driver's spirit. By creating and demonstrating this new clean power technology, LincVolt hopes to show a way to reduce the demand for petro-fuels enough to eliminate the need for war over energy supplies, thereby enhancing the security of the USA and other nations throughout the world.A few interesting facts about the LincVolt:
- LincVolt, a 1959 Lincoln Continental Convertible weighing 6200 lbs, now converted to an electric series hybrid, can be cleaner than the cleanest hybrid.
- LincVolt's micro-turbine generator gives the driver "FREEDOM of CHOICE." Freedom to choose the fuel you use to charge the battery bank. You decide how green you want to be.
- Choose from these sources:
- 100% Bio Diesel in the turbine generator to charge (Green Charging)
- Plugging into the USA Electrical Grid to charge (Most Economical)
- Petro-Diesel fuel in the turbine generator to charge (Convenient)
- Any blend of the above.
- The Pure Bio-Diesel Fuel choice, called "Green Charging," is the cleanest. "Green Charging" is even cleaner than plugging into the Grid.
- LincVolt, with a 50 mile all-electric commuting range and a 400-mile extended range, proves that a plug-in Electro-Turbine Series-Hybrid and "Green Charging" can deliver the driving spirit of a full size highway cruiser, while achieving lower emissions than the best hybrid in either long range or commuter range.
- LincVolt, as an all-electric commuter car, charging from the USA power grid, can be more economical than most conventional hybrid vehicles.
For further Neil Young information, contact:
Warner Bros. Records Publicity